• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its like a white shaft . . . . .

Posted Images

are these ferret quite unusual? and do they normally cost more to buy because of there colour ?

no

cost more yes to a pet home no to a working home, silver ferrets dont catch more rabbits so why would any one wanting them to work pay more

they are worth a fiver like any other ferret

are these ferret quite unusual? and do they normally cost more to buy because of there colour ?

no

cost more yes to a pet home no to a working home, silver ferrets dont catch more rabbits so why would any one wanting them to work pay more

ah [bANNED TEXT] cheers mate

no

if you have some bang them on preloved and some mug will give you £50 for them :wallbash:

ive seen ferets for sale for £400 plus because they were differant colours and long haired

Edited by hullhunter

no

if you have some bang them on preloved and some mug will give you £50 for them :wallbash:

ive seen ferets for sale for £400 plus because they were differant colours and long haired

haha yh i have its worth a try ain't it, and if they dont go i'll just put on for a reasonable price lol. plus im skint lol

no

Them angoras are sick mutant freaks. They cannot even suckle their own young :thumbdown:

no

haha yh i have its worth a try ain't it, and if they dont go i'll just put on for a reasonable price lol. plus im skint lol

how old are they because all my polecat types were silver when very young i fort thats strange a full litter of silvers but they all turned pole cat colours when they got older

no

Them angoras are sick mutant freaks. They cannot even suckle their own young :thumbdown:

thats the ones ive seen them go for stupid money. from Holland with there own passport :wallbash:

Theres a guy on here selling his normal ferrets for a tenner but silvers twenty quid on gum tree no doubt he will get it .folk are prepared to pay extra for something unusual.But as said it doesn't help there working ability

I'm really not keen on fancy coloured ferrets, not even dark eyed whites or silvers. Give me a nice healthy poley or albino.

I remember 15 years or so ago silvers were really selling for a premium over polecats and albinos, not so much now, as stated previously though, some people still want to charge extra for anything unusual (even though silvers aren't anymore).

Really dislike the idea of limiting the gene pool to breed fancy coloured ferrets (or fancy markings, micros etc). Look at the way some dog, cat and rabbit breeds have gone. :sick:

Isn`t albinoism a genetic anomaly the keeps getting bred into ferrets ??

Never had any probs with any ferret colours,, but a lot of silver coloured ones just end up as whites when they mature,,

I don`t think there is any real difference between silvers and whites,, just different grades of the same colour if you know what I mean..

ATB

Albinism in ferrets tends to be accompanied by less health problems than when albinism occurs in some other species. Albino ferrets are usually just as hardy as polecats (sables). Their eyesight can sometimes be slightly affected but ferrets eyesight isn't that great anyway.

Silvers and dark eyed whites can possibly have higher incidences of some conditions such as lymphoma, deafness etc.

I'm no expert, it's just that I spent a long time researching colour-linked health problems and genetics in ferrets a while back when I was looking for new ferts.

Edited by AlbionLass

Albion lass is right, the only really weakness in albino lines is the eyes, but that doesnt really matter. You can always beef up your albino blood by breeding poleys in.

Silvers do tend to be a bit 'weaker' genetically and if you go silver to silver for a couple of gens, you get some funny shit.

And aye RA - DEWs and Silvers are the same thing ultimately..