Muntjack & CWD

Hello iv never seen a wild munty or CWD ever but these deer interest me i think they be fun to stalk but know nothing on them realy.My question is do they cast & regrow antler's & when?.I take it they do but when as roe/red/sika/fallow etc all have a season they cast & regrow.

Hello iv never seen a wild munty or CWD ever but these deer interest me i think they be fun to stalk but know nothing on them realy.My question is do they cast & regrow antler's & when?.I take it they do but when as roe/red/sika/fallow etc all have a season they cast & regrow.

Muntjack are in Hard Antler jan-march and chinese water deer have tusks in their mouths and I don't think they cast them I need to look at my DSC hand book :hmm: .I really don't know much about these fantastic little deer but I have an invite to go down south.

I'll post the pictures if I get any

Hi V-max,

After the first casting , the muntjac bucks antler cycle follows a regular adult pattern of shedding antlers in late April - May and cleaning the velvet off the new ones by September.

CWD bucks do not have antlers but have sharp tusks which they use for fighting and marking territories.

If you want I can probably arrange a trip on the munties next year if you fancy it !!! ;)