river teme worcester

hi , stretch of teme up for members (25only) to join £50 all in . chub and barbel are the main species but there are bream , perch ,pike , roach ,grayling , trout and the odd salmon. it has no public footpaths , no dog walkers and no anglers on the opposite bank . ring steve 07989700037 for a tour or more info.

atb

its above and below leigh court , starting opposite bransford golf club and following the old malvern railway line upstream to three fields up from the half way point of leigh brook . lovely stretch and the last time i looked it had plenty of water in it , its a bit dependent on the rain as it fishes best with color but there are deep places that fish all year and shallow fast runs with cover near by that hold barbel .

atb

its above and below leigh court , starting opposite bransford golf club and following the old malvern railway line upstream to three fields up from the half way point of leigh brook . lovely stretch and the last time i looked it had plenty of water in it , its a bit dependent on the rain as it fishes best with color but there are deep places that fish all year and shallow fast runs with cover near by that hold barbel .

atb

i used to fish that 20 years ago when it was the waters of the old heenans engineering works from worcester.there was a fast stretch called the spinney,if you fished it well you always won the contest.

atb

i used to fish that 20 years ago when it was the waters of the old heenans engineering works from worcester.there was a fast stretch called the spinney,if you fished it well you always won the contest.

#

yes thats the place , heenan and frouds old stretch . they let it go to wreck and ruin , a succession of poor officials ruined a good club and the membership fell to very small numbers with no one prepared to run it . you can catch almost anywhere if you fish it well with light lines , but the big lump of meat on a big lead merchants got disenchanted because the fish did not fall for the lazy tactics and no effort means no fish . they claimed the fish were no longer their but its just an excuse for lack of effort and poor watercraft . the fishing is as good if not better due to the lack of angling pressure , the barbel are not so numerous since the floods a few years ago but that has given the roach and chub a chance to regenerate. always have a good days fishing with a little color in the water running a stick float through after an hour or so of steady feeding , you never know whats going to take next could be a 6oz roach or a 10lb barbel.