river MOY

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

was down all week again monday to friday fished from monday 6pm to dark woodpool paddins not a fish again not even one on surface speakin to anglers who fished further up and down the river one guy fr

In the Countrymans weekly 8/31/11 a liar called the Midlander who writes an artical on fishing stated last week that the river moy produced 1000 salmon hes a liar as the westrian fishery's board are t

have fished the moy regular had a few fish but days fishing out number fish caught by about 20 to 1 but i seen report last thursday this time last year 368 fish caught on the system till same date thi

Don't know what you were doing wrong but the catch report for the Moy last week was 296 salmon caught.

well when i was fishing not one fish was caught along the river even the locals said not to fish to july i was fishing woodpool and paddins no fish showing or caught fished rainney bends very few fish caught and your told to fish woodhole and paddins the reports are lies

im telling the truth

Guest dee mac

And I believe you Adam. I've often struggled whilst others caught and vice versa.

It happens, but I seen the report for the Moy on the fishinginireland website.

Have a look.

have fished the moy regular had a few fish but days fishing out number fish caught by about 20 to 1 but i seen report last thursday this time last year 368 fish caught on the system till same date this year 998 fish caught with a fish took on the fly over 20lb weight so removal of the drift nets and the trawlers being stopped seem too be helping but its like this salmon fishing is a nightmare you have too be willing too drop everything and get too river as quick as you can when conditions are right planning salmon fishing in advance is hit and miss river could be stuffed full of fish and you might not get a take all week plus local knowledge of any river is the most usefull thing you need too catch these bad boys last year i fished the ridge pool two days not a pull then the following week there was fish being plucked out it sure is a head wrecker the old salmon :laugh:

• Like 1

And I believe you Adam. I've often struggled whilst others caught and vice versa.

It happens, but I seen the report for the Moy on the fishinginireland website.

Have a look.

have fished the moy regular had a few fish but days fishing out number fish caught by about 20 to 1 but i seen report last thursday this time last year 368 fish caught on the system till same date this year 998 fish caught with a fish took on the fly over 20lb weight so removal of the drift nets and the trawlers being stopped seem too be helping but its like this salmon fishing is a nightmare you have too be willing too drop everything and get too river as quick as you can when conditions are right planning salmon fishing in advance is hit and miss river could be stuffed full of fish and you might not get a take all week plus local knowledge of any river is the most usefull thing you need too catch these bad boys last year i fished the ridge pool two days not a pull then the following week there was fish being plucked out it sure is a head wrecker the old salmon :laugh:

How much is the day permit now dee,i was down a few year back and it was £15 for the day just beyond the ridge pool.We actually caught 2 salmon on the day,but it was later on in the season.

Spot on, good post. :thumbs:

Few years back, i fished the moy for 2 seasons, tryed everything, never got a fish.! :blink:

I remember once, being their from 5am, till 10 am, on a June morning, used all manner of lures worms ect, not a take, then, some fella, started fishing down the river a bit, using the same lure as me self, after a couple of casts, bang, he lands a nice salmon, of about 18 pound. :laugh: . A lot of luck has to do with it too i think. :thumbs:

Heard the river at Ballisadare, Co. Sligo, is better luck?

Edited by Blue one
Guest dee mac

Few years back, i fished the moy for 2 seasons, tryed everything, never got a fish.! :blink:

I remember once, being their from 5am, till 10 am, on a June morning, used all manner of lures worms ect, not a take, then, some fella, started fishing down the river a bit, using the same lure as me self, after a couple of casts, bang, he lands a nice salmon, of about 18 pound. :laugh: . A lot of luck has to do with it too i think. :thumbs:

have fished ballisadare not for me im afraid its more like fishing for stocked trout in a pond place teaming with fish looking up river and no were to go unless the balliffs open the fish ladders give me one frsh fish caught caught on bubbling clean river even if it took two days hard fishing instead of standing shoulder to shoulder foul hooking fish before you accidently hook one in the mouth and then are told too keep it in ballisadare not what salmon fishing is about in my eyes anyway everyman too there own tho :thumbs:

have fished ballisadare not for me im afraid its more like fishing for stocked trout in a pond place teaming with fish looking up river and no were to go unless the balliffs open the fish ladders give me one frsh fish caught caught on bubbling clean river even if it took two days hard fishing instead of standing shoulder to shoulder foul hooking fish before you accidently hook one in the mouth and then are told too keep it in ballisadare not what salmon fishing is about in my eyes anyway everyman too there own tho :thumbs:

I see, never fished it myself, just talked to lads that did. :thumbs:

was down all week again monday to friday fished from monday 6pm to dark woodpool paddins not a fish again not even one on surface speakin to anglers who fished further up and down the river one guy from belfast 10 days back to back caught one fish so he did water idle for prawn went to the river with no rod just to watch the river seriouly stay away... any reports are accually lies to what ive seen and heard if u feel inclined to go to the moy dont.Insted bring your wife shopping or cut the grass dont go to the moy.

Edited by Adam13
  • Like 2

Don't know what you were doing wrong but the catch report for the Moy last week was 296 salmon caught.

296 fish don’t make me laugh. I live local to the Moy and I hear this nonsense all the time. Beats - clubs reporting great catches 50-60 fish where the truth is there has been one or two fish caught. It is all about economic's tell the people the truth and you don't sell the day tickets.

I live practically beside this beat Paddins and I have only heard of 4 fish been taken of Paddins in the last three weeks and that is between one hell of a lot of fishermen and I haven't heard of any of the other beats producing large numbers. The reports I am hearing from the different beats are 1 or 2 fish and some of these are really good fish double figures. Remember you can have 10 – 20 - 30 anglers divided between the beat on either side of the river everyday and they are catching very few fish. The fish are just not in yet in any great number.

I will post up when a good run comes through.

• Like 1

296 fish don’t make me laugh. I live local to the Moy and I hear this nonsense all the time. Beats - clubs reporting great catches 50-60 fish where the truth is there has been one or two fish caught. It is all about economic's tell the people the truth and you don't sell the day tickets.

I live practically beside this beat Paddins and I have only heard of 4 fish been taken of Paddins in the last three weeks and that is between one hell of a lot of fishermen and I haven't heard of any of the other beats producing large numbers. The reports I am hearing from the different beats are 1 or 2 fish and some of these are really good fish double figures. Remember you can have 10 – 20 - 30 anglers divided between the beat on either side of the river everyday and they are catching very few fish. The fish are just not in yet in any great number.

I will post up when a good run comes through.

Fair play to you POK ,was talking to guys on tuesday ,they where down all weekend and said

it was a waste of time ,unfortunately they had it preplanned for weeks ,costly enough weekend ,

Just takes you to be able to drop everything and go ,when there is a run on at the Moy .Use to

go down a lot and missed it by one day ,had a couple of good days fishing Easkey before it was bought over .