honest posts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

each too there own. to be honest i've seen a few dogs and bitches down the years that havn't (failed) from the day they were run on. few and far between may i add. IMO there's a lot off different

Correct me if i am wrong ye may have worded ye question wrong to me that means ye have a current dog in ye kennels that has failed walked what ever yeah, whys it still in ye kennels then ?? ive got do

there not the stuff of fairytales at all if i had to sink more than 1 hole=a cull if a dog let quarry dig away and i couldnt get to it = a cull if a dog gets bossed by quarry= a cull if a dog can

how many people can say theyre dog as never faild.as i cant

Correct me if i am wrong ye may have worded ye question wrong to me that means ye have a current dog in ye kennels that has failed walked what ever yeah, whys it still in ye kennels then ?? ive got dogs here that have never failed thats why they are here plenty of folks have dogs that never fail thats why they have them also,but i have had plenty fail and were culled anybody that says they have never had a dog fail is a fibber or only owned 1 dog and anybody that keeps a failure in there kennels is soft in the head and anybody that breeds of 1 is a wanker :thumbs:

no the dogs i got at the moment avnt faild me its just [bANNED TEXT] i speek to people they say theyve dug theyre dog in every place theyve enterd i fined that hard to believe :thumbs:

Theres alot of folks out there who wont pick and choose where to enter a terrier maybe they would pick a terrier suited to a location but they wont walk over it because its to hard a place its called testing ye dogs fella and the blokes ye are talking about are doing just that some fail some dont but at least they are testing them which is what i like to hear :thumbs:

even the satatement ...if the dog gets bossed by the quarry its culled .If you dig game thats been dug to week in week out then surely the game is goin to try shift and move every chance it gets .And your telling me if you have a terrier thats 5 or 6 and has never put a foot wrong ,and it get bossed in one earth for an animal thats big and used to being dug ,that you will cull him on that that one dig he didn do too well

Yes i do dig game thats been dug to before i do it specificaly to test dogs i accept a dog will get bossed about but i judge when i sink when hes holding quarry i dont drop a dog in and dig like feck i allow a dog to work first :thumbs:

Im glad you wrote this. Do you allow for young dogs on say there 1st few digs to make any mistakes at all, or do all of your young dogs have to have to dig them text book perfect, dog in and on dig out not putting a foot wrong? Not trying to crap you or your standards as Iv been told how you go about things just a genuine question?

i think if a dog cantget up to what ever is in the hole if hes to big i personally woulndt keep them to big. but if a dog goes in and gets a nick and comes back well i wouldnt have him to be honest. i had a patterdale dog a good little dog. he never shyed back, but i dug him two hard digs in a week. the second time he came out after hour but it was my fault he was two sore. i dug him numores times after that and he never did that

i think if a dog cantget up to what ever is in the hole if hes to big i personally woulndt keep them to big. but if a dog goes in and gets a nick and comes back well i wouldnt have him to be honest. i had a patterdale dog a good little dog. he never shyed back, but i dug him two hard digs in a week. the second time he came out after hour but it was my fault he was two sore. i dug him numores times after that and he never did that

At least it was a lesson learned,i think most of us if were honest have made mistake's and you were lucky in that you did'nt spoil him.

even the satatement ...if the dog gets bossed by the quarry its culled .If you dig game thats been dug to week in week out then surely the game is goin to try shift and move every chance it gets .And your telling me if you have a terrier thats 5 or 6 and has never put a foot wrong ,and it get bossed in one earth for an animal thats big and used to being dug ,that you will cull him on that that one dig he didn do too well

Yes i do dig game thats been dug to before i do it specificaly to test dogs i accept a dog will get bossed about but i judge when i sink when hes holding quarry i dont drop a dog in and dig like feck i allow a dog to work first :thumbs:

Im glad you wrote this. Do you allow for young dogs on say there 1st few digs to make any mistakes at all, or do all of your young dogs have to have to dig them text book perfect, dog in and on dig out not putting a foot wrong? Not trying to crap you or your standards as Iv been told how you go about things just a genuine question?

Nah fella a young dog is a young dog there allowed to learn and make mistakes i enter them and build them up when i was younger if i am honest i runied a couple of dogs to much to soon etc and took some bollockings of older fellas for it and did expect to much ye live and learn dont ye :thumbs:

Nah fella a young dog is a young dog there allowed to learn and make mistakes i enter them and build them up when i was younger if i am honest i runied a couple of dogs to much to soon etc and took some bollockings of older fellas for it and did expect to much ye live and learn dont ye :thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs:

Guest dee mac

young dog old dog once entered can only give 100% as long as it gives its all thats all that can be asked now older dogs with a lot of digging over them can get a fair few digs over them by only giving 50% but thats experience and they have learned too work there quarry and know when there game is settled but if quarry gets bossy then the other 50 % will kick in and i would expect them too get the job done.young dogs starting out are going too have hic ups and a bad day here and there but at all time s should have made the effort just inexperience but i ve found they learn a good lesson from these experiences and it happens too all young dogs thats a fact.

young dog old dog once entered can only give 100% as long as it gives its all thats all that can be asked now older dogs with a lot of digging over them can get a fair few digs over them by only giving 50% but thats experience and they have learned too work there quarry and know when there game is settled but if quarry gets bossy then the other 50 % will kick in and i would expect them too get the job done.young dogs starting out are going too have hic ups and a bad day here and there but at all time s should have made the effort just inexperience but i ve found they learn a good lesson from these experiences and it happens too all young dogs thats a fact.

Spot on :thumbs:

Ill go along with that fella :thumbs:

What about educated quarry in a big place?I do some places that if you stood in the middle with a B&F locator you'd fail to get a mark.If your dog has been on a runaround for most of the day in a 50 holer going to 15+ foot that covers a couple of hundred metres in all directions and eventually crawls out f****d,would he still be a cull? :hmm:

What about educated quarry in a big place?I do some places that if you stood in the middle with a B&F locator you'd fail to get a mark.If your dog has been on a runaround for most of the day in a 50 holer going to 15+ foot that covers a couple of hundred metres in all directions and eventually crawls out f****d,would he still be a cull? :hmm:

Well what would ye say it was?? ye obviously put the dog in such a place to test it and it failed,and if ye not frightend to put a dog in such places i bet ye do it again for the simple reason ye want a dog to be able to do it and ye must have had some do it ive never seen a dog given the run around for a full day and ive been to some big places and failed at them as well but never a full day so i dont know on that 1 whats other folks views on that 1 ?? :thumbs:

Haven't read the whole topic but I can honestly say that I've never had a dog that hadn't failed in my eyes at one time or another. It is the consistent failures that don't stick around. If a dog is hunted hard I believe it will someday meet something above it's capabilities and snap under the pressure. That doesn't mean I pussyfoot around a quitter. If the dog is a quitter it ain't gonna be seen again. There is a difference between a quitter and a dog that has quit once or twice in the face of insurmountable odds over a decade of service.

I have a dog here in my pens that was worked very hard 4 to 5 days a week digging numerous amounts on these days out after 2seasons of this he messed up a couple of times but after a short rest he's back at it I wouldn't say the dog failed the owner but the owner failed the dog needless to say the dogs back digging most days during the season in spots where other dogs have been seen to fail and doin me fine ;-)

• Like 1