how can i get rid of a bee's nest from my garden. i phoned the council but they don't remove bees nests any more and i cant really afford a private pest control.I don't really want to kill them if possible,the nest is in my neighbours extension which is adjacent to my yard.I informed the landlord next door and he basically said its nothing to do with him as its outside.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do you need to stop your kids going into the garden all summer?   The only way a bumble will sting is if you provoke it. I've had them crawling all over my hands and never been stung.   Usin

So I've got to tell my 4 and 5 year old they can't go out the garden all summer.........kids panic when they see bee's,I'm ok with them they don't bother me but it's the kids that are my concern.

If it is bees (and not wasps) leave them alone.   You should be teaching your kids about wildlife, and having bees is a great way of doing that. They won't sting unless they are harmed.   Letting

Posted Images

how can i get rid of a bee's nest from my garden. i phoned the council but they don't remove bees nests any more and i cant really afford a private pest control.I don't really want to kill them if possible,the nest is in my neighbours extension which is adjacent to my yard.I informed the landlord next door and he basically said its nothing to do with him as its outside.

Are they Mason Bees? are they flying into the brickwork?

They're flying in under the lead flashing into the extension roof space........I'd leave them alone but the kids can't go out the yard. :thumbs:

They're flying in under the lead flashing into the extension roof space........I'd leave them alone but the kids can't go out the yard. :thumbs:

http://www.wbka.com/associationsecretaries.html

Try and ring a couple of local Beeks mate, tell them you got a free swarm, im sure a beginner will snap em up.

If your planning a DIY PM me, but worth a ring round for sure,

ATB D

http://www.wbka.com/associationsecretaries.html

Try and ring a couple of local Beeks mate, tell them you got a free swarm, im sure a beginner will snap em up.

If your planning a DIY PM me, but worth a ring round for sure,

ATB D

Cheers mate the missus on the phone to somebody now..........if no joy I'll pm you. :thumbs:

Thanks.....John

Mason bees are very docile and only sting if squeezed. Let them alone and they'll let you alone!

So I've got to tell my 4 and 5 year old they can't go out the garden all summer.........kids panic when they see bee's,I'm ok with them they don't bother me but it's the kids that are my concern. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Mason bees are very docile and only sting if squeezed. Let them alone and they'll let you alone!

I dont think he said they were Mason bees mate, could be Honey??

The Mason Bee is protected in this country i think.

ATB D

If it is bees (and not wasps) leave them alone.

You should be teaching your kids about wildlife, and having bees is a great way of doing that. They won't sting unless they are harmed.

Letting kids become frightened of bees just because they may sting is as bad as allowing kids to be scared of dogs because they may bite.

• Like 1

I dont think he said they were Mason bees mate, could be Honey??

The Mason Bee is protected in this country i think.

ATB D

I've done some research and phoned around and they're Bumble bees...........I contacted some Beek's and they're only interested in Honey Bee's.So I still face the same problem I was thinking of waiting until its it dark and filling the entrance to the nest with expanding foam,would this solve the problem.

I'm reluctant to have to resort to drastic measures as Bumble Bees are important to the eco-system. :thumbs:

If it is bees (and not wasps) leave them alone.

You should be teaching your kids about wildlife, and having bees is a great way of doing that. They won't sting unless they are harmed.

Letting kids become frightened of bees just because they may sting is as bad as allowing kids to be scared of dogs because they may bite.

Like I said earlier I've got to stop my 4 and 5 yr old going out the garden all summer then have I?What if one of them are allergic to Bee stings?Should I let one get stung first to find out? :icon_eek:

My kids know more about wildlife than most adults I know mate.

• Like 1

If you fill the hole with foam they will work their way out elsewhere (possibly through the ceiling).

Bumble bees are lovely animals, and WILL NOT STING unless severly provoked.

For goodness sake leave them alone!

• Like 1

Like I said earlier I've got to stop my 4 and 5 yr old going out the garden all summer then have I?

Why do you need to stop your kids going into the garden all summer?

The only way a bumble will sting is if you provoke it. I've had them crawling all over my hands and never been stung.

What if one of them are allergic to Bee stings?Should I let one get stung first to find out? :icon_eek:

Using that principle, you should keep your kids in a plastic bubble mate. There are lots of things they may be allergic to.

My kids know more about wildlife than most adults I know mate.

Well given that you can't tell the difference between a honey bee and a bumble bee I doubt that.

For goodness sake stop being silly and leave those harmless bees alone!

• Like 2

If you fill the hole with foam they will work their way out elsewhere (possibly through the ceiling).

So I'll ask you again should my kids be stopped playing in there own garden because as you put it Bumble Bee's are lovely animals?

And if you took the time to read the whole thread they're in next doors extension and the landlord there said they're not his problem. :thumbs:

So I'll ask you again should my kids be stopped playing in there own garden because as you put it Bumble Bee's are lovely animals?

And if you took the time to read the whole thread they're in next doors extension and the landlord there said they're not his problem. :thumbs:

No, you shouldn't stop your kids playing in the garden...

And as for where they are, I don't really see that it makes any difference with Bumbles. Wherever they are it's a privilige to have them. Make the most of that and look after them.