SEA EAGLES

Guest john5

Guest john5

i have just been on holiday on the Norfolk broads for a week and was crossing Braydon water and noticed three birdie boys viewing something , i looked in the direction they appeared to be looking and i am only 98% certain of what i thought i saw ,....a sea eagle :doh:

now i know that a consultation had been in place to disscuss the possible reintroduction of these birds but i thought so much bad feeling was there that any idea of future reintroductions was scrapped because of threats to the birds

has anyone else heard of sea eagles being released in norfolk ???????

if so what views do you have on yet more ariel predetors being released ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'wiped out for a reason'. I can't believe someone as ignorant as you can exist...unbelievable

how many are being released??? how much trouble are they really causing in scotland??? lets have some facts from those who actually know first hand what they are on about

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced'

We had 3 sea eagles near me in Fife that were released a while ago. One flew into a pylon and electrocuted himself but the other two are going strong. They are massive. They reckon that these birds fly so high they can see Norway and regularly fly to and from for a few days. Now Norway will be approx 600 miles from me so i assume they must glide a lot. They are tracked on their journeys and i presume for them to come your way wouldnt be a hassle for them. These birds are released a lot up this way and i sometimes wonder how long it will be before they are caught doing damage and persecuted for it, Del.

We had 3 sea eagles near me in Fife that were released a while ago. One flew into a pylon and electrocuted himself but the other two are going strong. They are massive. They reckon that these birds fly so high they can see Norway and regularly fly to and from for a few days. Now Norway will be approx 600 miles from me so i assume they must glide a lot. They are tracked on their journeys and i presume for them to come your way wouldnt be a hassle for them. These birds are released a lot up this way and i sometimes wonder how long it will be before they are caught doing damage and persecuted for it, Del.

Compensating of farmers already takes place, radio collars on the lambs seem to help I.reckon, some clever dude feeds em up mull and charges for a boat ride.

Guest john5

last year in norfolk there was a lot of annomosity towards the release and reintroduction program , i noticed lots of tree's had posters on them saying "say no to the white tailed eagle" or we will shoot them

so clearly there is bad feeling among land owning people before the supposed release , sounds to me like the birdie boys get there own way again

how long until we have wolves and bear again :icon_eek:

unreal, we had a few red kites released around here a few year ago, now the skies are alive with them..

the way i see it- some birds/animals were wiped out by man for a reason, no doubt reintroducing them will result in that species going again with the help of man and for the same reason as before.

its ok the government giving the farming community a subsidy to help towards their loss but the ammount given will no doubt benefit atall.

unreal, we had a few red kites released around here a few year ago, now the skies are alive with them..

the way i see it- some birds/animals were wiped out by man for a reason, no doubt reintroducing them will result in that species going again with the help of man and for the same reason as before.

its ok the government giving the farming community a subsidy to help towards their loss but the ammount given will no doubt benefit atall.

'wiped out for a reason'. I can't believe someone as ignorant as you can exist...unbelievable :thumbdown:

• Like 2

how many are being released??? how much trouble are they really causing in scotland??? lets have some facts from those who actually know first hand what they are on about :thumbs:

• Like 1

'wiped out for a reason'. I can't believe someone as ignorant as you can exist...unbelievable :thumbdown:

well said :thumbs: earth thats a bad thing to say mate no animal deserves that no matter what damage its doing as its only making the best of the situation WE have put it in!!! controlled yes but defo not wiped out :thumbs: at the end of the day its an indigenous species and we should be proud to have it here instead of all the foreign species that destroy our countryside in more ways than one like mink,grey squirrels,signal crayfish etc :thumbs:

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced' was a much larger type of wolf than the ones which had been wiped out. Apparently, these big wolves are causing a lot of damage: even the elk moved out of the Park to avoid the constant hassle. Read this on an American forum.

Re-introduction of anything should only be done if the current society/wildlife/geographical climate can stand it without problems. IMO you can't go 'back' to the days of yore!

• Like 1

read what i put. did i say i agreed, nope!

but thay were wiped out for a reason along with beaver, wolves, bear....

Interesting. There is a lot of bad feeling amongst farmers and the like about the wolves which were 're-introduced' into Yellowstone National Park. Turns out that the type of wolf they 're-introduced' was a much larger type of wolf than the ones which had been wiped out. Apparently, these big wolves are causing a lot of damage: even the elk moved out of the Park to avoid the constant hassle. Read this on an American forum.

Re-introduction of anything should only be done if the current society/wildlife/geographical climate can stand it without problems. IMO you can't go 'back' to the days of yore!

OUR governing bodied are fecking clever...

they suggested bringing back the wolve to help control the reds on scotland, of course its only 'RED' deer the wolves will hunt, not sheep, cattle and dare i say human :blink:

they suggested bringing back the wolve to help control the reds on scotland, of course its only 'RED' deer the wolves will hunt, not sheep, cattle and dare i say human :blink:

There are people who want to reintroduce lynx. Ooh-er! Real big cats lurking around the lochs!

i cant see anyone, other than the typical towny/city dweller being honestly up for the reintroduction of our 'ONCE' natives.

There are people who want to reintroduce lynx. Ooh-er! Real big cats lurking around the lochs!