the first a fox seen on saturday morning.

Whilst out on saturday morning on a wild english partridge shoot up on the yorkshire wolds we saw this fellow catching a few rays. *cool*

There was no chance of closing the distance so the client was urged to have a go off the sticks (stood only chance to see over the thick hedge). We waited for well over 4 minutes for the fox to turn broadside, he didn't and the client was tiring holding his aim so the choice was made to shoot after a quick rest from the aim when the fox turned slightly to allow for the biggest target available.

It was a .308 and 150 gr sp's.

It was a very good effort and any closer would have been a very dead fox.

I was stood off to the left about 1 yard so if you take the camera angle off the still i reckon the shot was just between the ears.

Hope you noticed the MASSIVE backstop :big_boss:

Then a young roe buck caught in the act trashing trees in a plantation on friday morning. Again on the wolds.

The Fox back stop was great................. the buck well maybe not so good eh?

On the buck video at no time could you see more then 75m's so how can you even hazard a guess a what our back stop was?????? :wallbash:

Do you expect deer to stand in front of a soft earth bank for every shot??

It beggars belief.

yes i did notice it , as i take it , it was a snide dig at me as i had mentioned backstops in your last post , and you wonder why some of your posts end up getting a little fiesty at times , yes it does begger beliefe

yes i did notice it , as i take it , it was a snide dig at me as i had mentioned backstops in your last post , and you wonder why some of your posts end up getting a little fiesty at times , yes it does begger belief

yes i did notice it , as i take it , it was a snide dig at me as i had mentioned backstops in your last post , and you wonder why some of your posts end up getting a little fiesty at times , yes it does begger belief

It was nothing aimed personally at you.

There are many on all the forums and you tube find it hard not to try and blow holes in any film.

Its easy.

Things are not rehurst or re done. they are what they are from the prespecive of the given camera angle etc etc.

All these films are DIFFERENT clients.

Do you think even if I could bully some one into taking an unsafe shot once I could do it on every film. NO is he simple answer.

Many clients have been stalking for 30 years shooing 1,000's of animals with a rifle.

They would not entertain me making a suggestion to take an unsafe shot let alone me make it public.

The x35 zoom pulls both deer and horizon in and there fore depth of field is misrepresented.

The soils around the flat areas of yorks/holderness is carr or sand so even in dry weather make great backstops when shots are taken off the sticks, as 75% are.

And as a professional and shooter for 30 years do you think I would allow an unsafe shot to be taken??

The internet is also very powerful and of all the unsafe posts ect, how many have you read from 1 of my clients saying I had asked them to take an unsafe shot????

Do you not think for a minute in the 600 or so accompanied stalks over the last 3 years or so some one would have posted something by now??

Exactly.

Construcive critism is always welcome, but comments from people who were not there which suggest a pro guides saftey is comprimsed are niether constructive or anything more then a malisious dig. If you find me defending myself as a personal attack back then I'm sorry but you will know how I feel everytime I read a post regarding an unsafe shot.

regards john

Edited by john robbo

There are many on all the forums and you tube find it hard not to try and blow holes in any film.

Its easy.

Things are not rehurst or re done. they are what they are from the prespecive of the given camera angle etc etc.

Do you think even if I could bully some one into taking an unsafe shot once I could do it on every film. NO is he simple answer.

Many clients have been stalking for 30 years shooing 1,000's of animals with a rifle.

They would not entertain me making a suggestion to take an unsafe shot let alone me make it public.

The x35 zoom pulls both deer and horizon in and there fore depth of field is misrepresented.

The soils around the flat areas of yorks/holderness is carr or sand so even in dry weather make great backstops when shots are taken off the sticks, as 75% are.

And as a professional and shooter for 30 years do you think I would allow an unsafe shot to be taken??

The internet is also very powerful and of all the unsafe posts ect, how many have you read from 1 of my clients saying I had asked them to take an unsafe shot????

Do you not think for a minute in the 600 or so accompanied stalks over the last 3 years or so some one would have posted something by now??

Exactly.

Construcive critism is always welcome, but comments from people who were not there which suggest a pro guides saftey is comprimsed are niether constructive or anything more then a malisious dig. If you find me defending myself as a personal attack back then I'm sorry but you will know how I feel everytime I read a post regarding an unsafe shot.

regards john

I wouldnt state 600 stalks on here......lets say at £150 per stalk thats £90k........ the taxmans watching sites like this......

over 3 years , why is everyone trying to trip this guy up?

Its easy.

Exactly.

regards john

I wouldnt state 600 stalks on here......lets say at £150 per stalk thats £90k........ the taxmans watching sites like this......

I keep books write reciepts and pay taxes mate, nothing to hide. Have an accountant and my books balance every year.

Think you are a little out £150 an outing for does :icon_eek:

And is that the only constructive thing you can say to my reply to your post :no::hmm:

Edited by john robbo

Barry, do you know the ground? How can you tell what is there? It's more than possible that the visibility is far better than the camera shows, and it's also possible that the area behind is known to be clear.

Why is everyone determined to find fault with these videos?

The Fox back stop was great................. the buck well maybe not so good eh?

On the buck video at no time could you see more then 75m's so how can you even hazard a guess a what our back stop was?????? :wallbash:

Do you expect deer to stand in front of a soft earth bank for every shot??

It beggars belief.

No if i could not see beyond 75m i would not shoot.............

your right it does beggar belief....... be careful man!!!

again you have missed the point, I said at no time could YOU (through the camera) cannot see more then 75m's

Not me and the client.

Look at the guys age he has been stalking forever, he would not be bullied into shooting unsafe.

Between him and my 25 years I bet its over 60 years field experience.

Get a life. :censored:

Edited by john robbo

Some areas near towns I avoid unless on my own.

With clients its about a trouble free outing. (by tha I don't mean encounters with the public just avoid the areas where its likely).

Our roe are pressured (by me) and don't hang around if anyone is around, so more public areas have to be shot when the deer are there but the public aren't.

Dog walkers effect me on the does when I can't get out early enough.

Just another word on backstops not aimed anywhere but 25 years 2,000 + foxes and as many deer + many many 10,000's of rabbits day and night with a rifle and not 1 complaint from the public or police does this mean nothing??

In that time though I have had x3 complaints about falling shot whilst pigeon shooting with a shottie. :censored: A very short ranged weapon.

Muppets is all I will say.

Some areas near towns I avoid unless on my own.

With clients its about a trouble free outing. (by tha I don't mean encounters with the public just avoid the areas where its likely).

Our roe are pressured (by me) and don't hang around if anyone is around, so more public areas have to be shot when the deer are there but the public aren't.

Dog walkers effect me on the does when I can't get out early enough.

Just another word on backstops not aimed anywhere but 25 years 2,000 + foxes and as many deer + many many 10,000's of rabbits day and night with a rifle and not 1 complaint from the public or police does this mean nothing??

In that time though I have had x3 complaints about falling shot whilst pigeon shooting with a shottie. :censored: A very short ranged weapon.

Muppets is all I will say.

Thats a great record .....keep it going it only takes one dead human ............

Keep it safe before the £££££££££££££££££££££££££s mate and you could go far.

Barry it is a good record and i'm proud of it.

It seems to be you who is hung up about the £££'s not me. :blink:

This gold medal was shot yesterday morning by a prince from Dubai he and x2 other family members have been with me for 3 days.

Put that in your calculator mate.

gold2.jpg

gold.jpg

gold3.jpg

zeiss.jpg

By the way during their stay NO humans were harmed in any way LOL :toast: