ATN aries 410 5 x rifle scope

hi i just wondering weather to buy this NIGHT VISION http://www.deben.com/night-vision-rifle-scopes/atn-aries-410-5x-night-vision-rifle-scope.html

Would it be sensible to buy it and put it on my browning T bolt 22LR

THANKS

Yes gen 1 will go on a 22LR but why spend £650 on gen 1 when you could get a second/hand gen 2 which would be far better, unless you are buying a second/hand gen 1 and the link you put up was just to show us the unit you are hoping to get, also at that price look at the digital units :thumbs:

I got 4x12x50 on my

Sounds great mag for add on, I use a 3-18x50 but you'll need to say the make and whether it has adjustable parallax or not for these guys to tell you if it works well.

Also there's a scope simular to the one you suggest on the bay 6x mag and a £2000 rrp price so you could get bargain.

I tried my nv on my.22 but just didn't get on with it. It's hard judging distances with nv so unless you range find or stick to closer shots with the .22 I found I was missing as many as I'd hit with mine. I've now got it on a .204 which is pretty flat shooting and it's now boringly simple to headshoot rabbits all night. There are loads of others who do have great success with the .22 and nv though especially if noise is an issue.

I wony bother then

I wouldn't go that far, have a think of an add on to start as camo said. That's the cheapest way to get into useful nv and it then doesn't have to be tied to one gun. Try it out on the .22 see how you get on, see if you like nv. If you were to buy an add on and laser and didn't get on with it they are always in demand so you wouldn't loose loads of money if you were to sell it but if you are like everyone else you'll become addicted to an expensive habbit.

The x5 410 would be a good unit for your .22 for a gen1 it is really clear, as said before though you have to know your ranges, I have tried the add-on by pulsar and it is s**t in comparison a complete waste of money I thought it would be good to have a device to add on to my dayscope and carry on shooting what they seem to neglect to tell you is that you need a good parallex adjustable scope and the extra IR and even after all that it still is nowhere near as good as the 410, so from actual personal experience not opinion or stuff read off of other peoples posts I would recomend the Deben one but I would shop around first and see if you can knock a few quid off the price. atb nasher

Well i have used both the mk410 and the add-on and money for money the pulsar will p*ss all over the 410 then check the weight of the 410, like a sack of spuds on ya rifle this gets very heavy which ever you go for you need a LASER to get the best out of any gen1 gear. As for good scopes try yours if not get the best AGS or nikko n-heater both of these work very good with add-ons i have tried many different scope but found these to be the best.

Edited by camo304

Well i have used both the mk410 and the add-on and money for money the pulsar will p*ss all over the 410 then check the weight of the 410, like a sack of spuds on ya rifle this gets very heavy which ever you go for you need a LASER to get the best out of any gen1 gear. As for good scopes try yours if not get the best AGS or nikko n-heater both of these work very good with add-ons i have tried many different scope but found these to be the best.

In what way was the add-on better than the 410 because I thought the add-on was terrible, however I am of the opinion the intensifier device of every gen1 device is of different quality in every unit, and I think you will get good and bad ones in every batch, a example being me and a friend bought the cheap NV monoculars from Lidl's a couple of years back his was useless mine was excellent. So all I can say is anybody who buys NV please try it out before you mount it on the gun just incase you want to send it back

Yes you are right there about most gen1's being different the pulsar is stated as gen1+, as for why it was better the image was clearer i was not tying a rifle up to night only and the weight issue. All gen1's are crap without good ir a source, but it's like you say try before you buy if you can as for mine it use to sit on my hmr for rabbits out to 100 yards this i could not do with my mk410 plus then you have your line of sight because the mk410 sits so high above your bore, if you can't judge your dis at night this is a big problem.