HUNTING PHOTO OF THE YEAR COMPETITION!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok folks, heres the photograph of the year competition, running from now til the end of may 2012, which will give us enough time to vote an overall winner and get the calender out in time for christmas 2012, which will be in aid of "Help For Heroes" charity.

THE PRIZES ARE AS FOLLOWS:-

1ST PRIZE, OVERALL WINNER- A WEEKEND SPENT DEERSTALKING, LAMPING,DECOYING AND TRYING OUT A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT FIREARMS ON A 3000 ACRE ESTATE IN DORSET COURTESY OF DANW!!!!

i'll let dan himself describe this fantastic first prize:-

"The winner will need to be insured Basc or other and under 18's need to be accompanied by a parent/suitable adult,as said I cannot provide accommodation/food but the winner is welcome to camp on the estate or there are many B&B's and places to eat in the area,

As to the prize if the winner is able to get here for the friday evening/afternoon then we can start straight away with a hour on the range then straight in to an evening stalk followed by some lamping,the following morning stalk again then back to the range to try a few different guns ranging from .22lr through 300 ultra mag and try a silenced .22lr handgun and .357 mag revolver, rest of the day to be spent shooting vermin either with .22lr, airgun or shotgun as the winner chooses till time for another evening stalk and if they can manage another night on the lamp,sunday morning to start with a stalk again and spend the reminder of the day decoying rooks/crows on our free range pigs again with either air rifle or shotgun.I should hope in the time spent stalking we should take at least 4 deer of which 1 will be butchered for the winner to take home and any trophy head they wish to be mounted I will have prepared and will be posted to them upon its completion. all rifle/shotgun ammunition will be provided with the exception of ammo for the winners own airguns.

It would be advantageous if the winner was able to take the prize before the 14 of july 2012 or after october the 14th 2012 though it is still possible between these dates I will not be able to spend as much time because my poults will have arrived"

RUNNERS UP PRIZES ARE

£100 WORTH OF TATTOOING BY WURZ OF 'TATTOOING AT GUNPOINT'(http://www.yell.com/b/TATTOOING+AT+GUNPOINT-Tattooists-Hove-BN32WB-2042321/index.html http://homepage.ntlworld.com/crewman/Tattooing_at_Gunpoint/wurz/tattooist_brighton.htm )

and more to come, depending on the kind donors getting back to me, but hopefully something special is in store from a couple of kind regs on the site.

THE RULES!!!!!!!

THE RULES!!!

all photo's MUST be taken on a hunting trip in the month they are entered for.

photos may be of anything you've seen whilst out hunting

quarry MUST be shown in a respectful manner.

NO tweaking of photo's

photo's will be posted in the competition thread, where they will be voted for initially by number of slut points earned, until the end of the month when the top 6 photos will be put in a poll for the final judging. we'll give til the first week of the following month for slut points to be accumilated, then put them to poll vote for a fortnight afterwards, then inform everybody who the winner is.

each months winners will not be allowed to enter the next months competition in order to give other folk a chance of winning, and to avoid the possibility of the final calender being all one persons work(eg, if you win in june, you cannot enter in july, but can again in august!)

each months winners WILL be used in the calender for their appropriate month.

at the end of the year all 12 winners will be put in a poll so we can vote for photographer of the year. the rest of the winners photo's will be collected up and used to make a calender to raise funds for 'help for heroes'.

by entering a photo you agree to it being used for this purpose.

could all entrants please save a copy of their entrys as a back up just in case something rubbish happens at this end, and also because i'd like to use all enrys somewhere in the calender.

best of luck to all entrants!!!

Hi, how much would it actually be to do this experience with danw??? Would be VERY interested in this!!!