sad but good day

many of you know i got my stolen bitch back but she was never a record breaking world class dog only ever catched a few but i love that dog thats why i never got rid but a lady i know wants her she will have a wonderfull life better then my kennels she will never make the grade but will be a loveing loyal pet i will miss her dearly

how many others out there have done this

i never had her since a pup about two but will break my heart to get rid

but i think its are reasponsibility to find are retired and dogs that didnt make the grade a good home if people cant do that there not dog people and shouldnt have dogs to start with there wealther should at all times come first good worker or not

cheers dan

Guest Lurcherbitch

Have to say Dan, I know a huge amount of folk who have trusted me to home there dogs for them. BUT to judge someone for not passing a dog on...well i would'nt. After what i have seen that goes on out there, it would take a bloody good person for me to trust with my dog.

There are some brill homes that can be found for your retired dogs and if you can find it yourself you are very lucky. I am the only rescue i trust with my dogs...........know too much shite that goes on to trust anyone else.

not judgeing anyone i know people can be evil to dogs i didnt want it to seem im being nasty toward anyone just saying its a responsibility to look after all of them i wasnt talking about anyone in genral but when i got my dog from kennels when she was stolen there was loads of running dogs just dumped not wanted anymore if thats the case for anyone we should take the time to find a good loveing home not just give it to anyone i would keep her as a pet but no room i think haveing a dog is more than just working them they give us there all we should them

Guest Lurcherbitch
if they dont make the grade and you can find them a nice home,where they will be loved,fed well and in the warm then i would get the dog neutered so they cant be bred from and pass them on.

That saves us money ;) and helps in the homing :victory:

There ARE good homes out there for lurchers which for whatever reason don't make the grade. I had to let a promising youngster go after he had damaged the tendons in a hind foot very badly: it would not have been fair to expect him to tackle a hard working life with a badly damaged foot. He now lives with a woman who adores him and he still gets to go out and catch the odd rabbit that mkes a mistake.

The only downside to this sort of home I have found is that the owner takes the dog out, lets it run about loose and the dog runs the risk of gettting injured/killed/run over etc as the owner is not always aware of where the dog is or what its doing! :icon_eek: Having said that I still think its a better sort of home than being left in a kennel all day or never being alowed off the lead. I try to educate these sort of lurcher owners and that is all you can do, as their dogs want for nothing: down the vets for the slightest cut or bruise, best grub and usually an armchair all to themselves. :D