Prospect ready to begin.

Just thought I would post a few pics of my fell type, prospect that I am just getting started on. He is really game driver and shows a strong dislike for vermin. So far he has shown well but again I'm just getting started with him, after a full season I will know more about him, so only time will tell. :toast:hlife2.jpghlife1.jpghlife3.jpg all the best mates. Grafter-Man

Grafter nice looking dog.What size is he?

Not to hijack your post but what happen to that pat/jag thread?

Thanks STUNTMAN, His true working weight should be about 15 or 16 pounds, and that may be giving him some. He has some fat right now but I plan to trim him down a bit and weigh him. I will let you know. He is not quite 12 inches tall but he is solid mate, a little wad of muscle he is, so he weighs a bit more than he looks. Not that it makes a feck, but I can span him with my hands and still have a bit of finger overlapping. I've seen some that was not hand spannable, but, they didn't know it, and Pure Hunt Drive got them there, stuffed themselves places some small dogs wouldn't dare go.

I do not know what happened to the thread and I have given every word you lads said, attempting to be open-minded, but, I will still argue the point that it is impossible for a 13 month old bitch, and a stud that has never been entered to earth, to be worthy of breeding to protect an investment or money. Working Terriers should be bred to work, and only bred because they have proven themselves worthy of breeding by displaying outstanding working traits in the bush. TRUE WORKING TRAITS SHOULD BE WHAT WE WORRY ABOUT PRESERVING OR PROTECTING NOT A CASH INVESTMENT OR FECKING MONEY!!!! ENOUGH SAID!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys lads, he is roughly 18 months old, I wanted to make sure he was mentally mature as well as physically before I even started him. He has seen only a limited amount of vermin as of now because I just got started with him, but, as I said, "He is showing a very strong dislike for Vermin, and, is showing well so far. all the best. :thumbs:

Good look with him mate Looks a little cracker wats the breeding behind him if you don't mind me asking pm if you prefer

Sire and dam was and is workers, whom in turn bred from workers for generations, and he goes back to the Old True Working Nuttall lines. (Punch, Penny, etc.) I know I have read a lot of slander about Nuttall, but, I think there is good and bad in every line, it is up to us as individuals to work our stock to ensure the proper traits are in tact with EVERY INDIVIDUAL TERRIER, and only breed the terriers that prove themselves by displaying these traits... all the best lads.

had a dog a couple of years back was the picture of your lad marley was his name nuttal with a splash of bull only 12 inchs an about 14 pounds had some drive an heart passed away a week after a hard dig in which he had 3 foxs dead when we broke trough to him reget not breeding him as it was only his second season like them to hav 3 or 4 seasons under there belts had 41 digs with him dont think i will hav another one like him seen ur fella has brought back some good memerorys thanks for sharing your pic of him :thumbs:

had a dog a couple of years back was the picture of your lad marley was his name nuttal with a splash of bull only 12 inchs an about 14 pounds had some drive an heart passed away a week after a hard dig in which he had 3 foxs dead when we broke trough to him reget not breeding him as it was only his second season like them to hav 3 or 4 seasons under there belts had 41 digs with him dont think i will hav another one like him seen ur fella has brought back some good memerorys thanks for sharing your pic of him :thumbs:

Sounds like he was a real grafter, it always makes it hard on the heart when a good one is lost. cheers

shame, why did he die?

shame, why did he die?

I believe he stated that he had a hard dig in which he had three foxes dead when they broke through to him. Or that would be my guess. Evidently the little terrier did his part 110% and left a tad bit too much of himself in the field that day and couldn't recover from the stick he took accomplishing his feat. There is a bright side to this though, the wee dog could have walked away from the quarry, point blank!! It is a shame that he didn't pull through, but, he is damn sure worth being proud of knowing he stayed when about 80% of the terriers today couldn't and wouldn't accomplish what he did and it speaks volumes as to what working type the sire and dam is producing. My question to you wipeout is= Can the breeding that produced him be repeated?, or, does he have any living siblings that display similiar traits that he did? Terriers such as him don't come very often. For him to show that much worth in the field it would be hard to believe that a breeding that produced him wouldn't produce something close through a sibling or repeat breeding. all the best :thumbs:

shame, why did he die?

I believe he stated that he had a hard dig in which he had three foxes dead when they broke through to him. Or that would be my guess. Evidently the little terrier did his part 110% and left a tad bit too much of himself in the field that day and couldn't recover from the stick he took accomplishing his feat. There is a bright side to this though, the wee dog could have walked away from the quarry, point blank!! It is a shame that he didn't pull through, but, he is damn sure worth being proud of knowing he stayed when about 80% of the terriers today couldn't and wouldn't accomplish what he did and it speaks volumes as to what working type the sire and dam is producing. My question to you wipeout is= Can the breeding that produced him be repeated?, or, does he have any living siblings that display similiar traits that he did? Terriers such as him don't come very often. For him to show that much worth in the field it would be hard to believe that a breeding that produced him wouldn't produce something close through a sibling or repeat breeding. all the best :thumbs:

i tryed to contact the chap who bred him went back to were he was living but his wife said they had spilt up she asked me did i owe him money i said no i just got a dog off him and was lookin for another one if he had any she said she might know were he was but wanted payment for the info i offered her what i had in my pocket at the time which was just short of 40 pound she said she wanted more and shut the door on me left me standing there like a spare i think i know why he left now she was a real ball of shit i never went back the chaps name was steven kelly :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...