I have taken my Lurcher pup out in the car with me from when he was 12 wks old,and he was great,loved it.But now he is 7 months old and he has started to hate it. He Drawls from the mouth like made,its like someone has turned a tap on,and he is occasionally sick.

Hes not crated up in the car, Would this help????

I dont feed him before he goes

Iv never brakked hard to worry him

I want to be taking him to shows in the summer and i have to travel to alot of my permission

Any advise would be appreciated

ATB

Grubsy

I have taken my Lurcher pup out in the car with me from when he was 12 wks old,and he was great,loved it.But now he is 7 months old and he has started to hate it. He Drawls from the mouth like made,its like someone has turned a tap on,and he is occasionally sick.

I want to be taking him to shows in the summer and i have to travel to alot of my permission

ATB

Grubsy

he will get used to it pal most suffer for a start , little and often !! he will be fine :thumbs:

ATB

Grubsy

he will get used to it pal most suffer for a start , little and often !! he will be fine :thumbs:

Is he just driving round with you or do you take him out in the car to walk him somewhere? Mine was quite bad but once he realised the car took him to places he enjoyed he stopped getting ill and now gets excited. Now the little shit just whines till he gets there :censored:

I remember a few people saying giving them a ginger biscuit before you go stops them being ill???

Strange that he used to like it now doesn't:

Have you changed your car?

Did something happen which could have frightened him when he was in the car? Sonic boom, going under a bridge with train going over? Large vehicle looming over your car? Could be any number of reasons but a late onset sickness problem is almost certain to have been caused by an event which happened in the car OR did he have a nasty trip to the vet? Did you have a row with someone whilst you were all in the car? Most car sickness is stress or fear induced. Try and have a think back to the time when he started to get sick.

Strange that he used to like it now doesn't:

Have you changed your car?

Did something happen which could have frightened him when he was in the car? Sonic boom, going under a bridge with train going over? Large vehicle looming over your car? Could be any number of reasons but a late onset sickness problem is almost certain to have been caused by an event which happened in the car OR did he have a nasty trip to the vet? Did you have a row with someone whilst you were all in the car? Most car sickness is stress or fear induced. Try and have a think back to the time when he started to get sick.

Thanks lads

He honestly hasnt been frightened,No arguments etc,No bad vet experiences. Im an area manager for a company so do alot of travelling and used to take him with me a few days a week as i was away for 10/12hours aday and didnt want to leave him alone and like i said he was great,never sick just used to sleep. but now i only take him max 30mins away but as soon as he gets in he Drawls real bad and its none stop till we get there. All his travels now are to take him for walks / mooching.

Surely this will effect his ability to work well as he must feel well crap after all that drawling.

Would putting him a travel crate be any good?

Atb Grubsy