dispatching a fox

Just bn reading post and have question I am a licensed slaughterman, and wonder would it be legal to use captive bolt gun to put fox down, as part of my job we go round farms for humane dispatch and collection of sick and injured animals, I do lot of vermin control with lurchers and patterdale for farmers there for have no end of permission and am regularly asked to deal with foxes but normally call on a local friend with fac to deal with them , what's your thots

Just bn reading post and have question I am a licensed slaughterman, and wonder would it be legal to use captive bolt gun to put fox down, as part of my job we go round farms for humane dispatch and collection of sick and injured animals, I do lot of vermin control with lurchers and patterdale for farmers there for have no end of permission and am regularly asked to deal with foxes but normally call on a local friend with fac to deal with them , what's your thots

perfectly legal to use a bolt gun on them.seen it done.when i was a kid me and a mate were crossing a golfcourse.seen a fox staggering about.got right up to it and didnt run away.silly c**t me picked it up.never showed any sign of aggresion.was carrying it to his house when the cops stopped.and asked what i had in the jacket.should have seen thier faces when i showed a fox.then they told us to put it down,and went on thier radios yapping about rabies lol i shit myself.anyway the rspca turned up and said it had distemper,and shot it in the head with a bolt gun.

I thought it would be legal, I have bn doing job for around 9 years in total so obviously know what Iam doing but was not sure if this would be legal or not, thanks for ur reply

what slaughter house you work in mate.i worked in hendersons for a few year.

I had a very pissed off dog fox in a larsen this year, no way would I have even considered getting hold of it even if it was in a snare, I have heard of a well known local keeper collering a snared one by the tail, pulling it tight against the snare and walloping it with a big ali torch between the ears, one wack was enough and the torch still worked !!..

Me, I shoot them every time.

A

Not done it for a while but good few years ago have taken many from snares with no problems, I have seen couple blokes get bitten but they were nervous as hell when doing so which doesn't help, it was an old keeper who used to take me out and with him u had no option but get on with it

Not done it for a while but good few years ago have taken many from snares with no problems, I have seen couple blokes get bitten but they were nervous as hell when doing so which doesn't help, it was an old keeper who used to take me out and with him u had no option but get on with it

Just a quick question, why did the old keeper want them taken out alive?

The old keeper was an uncle he was a hardy old sod, it was him who first took me out ferreting and then bit foxing he reckoned you needed at times to be able to handle them so taught me how, they were still shot mate, not so many years ago I worked on a outdoor pig breeding unit in 2 weeks we had 9 which were all scruffed from snare and taken by vets to be destroyed, we carried around 1200 sows so you could imagine the amount of piglets running around, and also the amount being taken by fox

The old keeper was an uncle he was a hardy old sod, it was him who first took me out ferreting and then bit foxing he reckoned you needed at times to be able to handle them so taught me how, they were still shot mate, not so many years ago I worked on a outdoor pig breeding unit in 2 weeks we had 9 which were all scruffed from snare and taken by vets to be destroyed, we carried around 1200 sows so you could imagine the amount of piglets running around, and also the amount being taken by fox

:thumbs:

i have no fear of animals so i personaly would put on a pair of gloves and grab them then hit it with something or put a noosx into the cage wai till it puts its head in it and choke it out like a snare would

Muppet.

• Like 1

'devilfishship' timestamp='1309311985' post='2129998']

i have no fear of animals so i personaly would put on a pair of gloves and grab them then hit it with something or put a noosx into the cage wai till it puts its head in it and choke it out like a snare would

Its no legal now for a snare "To choke it out "now all snares must be fitted with a stopper even rabbit snares up here now ;)