A great day at Ballywalter Game fair

What a lovely happy family day was had by all yesterday at Ballywalter Game Fair . The Gods were definately shinning on all the K 9 Community , as the sun beamed down in abundance right through the day. This show was impeccably run by Mr Albert J Titterington and his most efficient well versed committe, staff and stewarts. A big thank you to Albert J for giving so many people and their families so much enjoyment and a great family day out, after the long cold, snowy, awful winter we had. It was a great uplift. John Humphries was on hand with the good old mountain due ( Whiskey in this case) and and John made sure everyone of his friends and further a field got a a few tipples out of that bottle, and maybe a few bottles more. Thank you so much John it was a very kind gesture. It was so much appreciated and added to the wonderful atmostphere of the day.

Bluebell, Deidre Mc Coy was there on the day to capture every persons moment of triumph. Deidre you always do a great job and capture that glorious moment and also the unsuspecting one as well. Stewart Harpur was also there clicking these happy moments as well. Stewart what would we do without you and Deidre at these shows. Stewart we have some beautiful framed photographs you took for us ,Boy what memories. It is great in the dark cold days of winter, to sit by the fireside and and look through and reminise on the the summers winnings. Well done Deidre and Stewart.

And Finally, We cannot forget Matt Lee and his team for the way you organised this great K9 day out. Matt we are so proud of you, along with Billy Copeland and Water White, for the brilliant way you carried out your duties firm and fair in this show. The turn out at this Dog Show yesterday was by far in my estimation much larger than last year. My happiest memory of the day, was when Mickey Quinn came over to me in the evening , and took out a cheque for £50 to show me what he and his brilliant dog won as a top prize, It was worth a million pounds to see that happy smile on the face of a proud man on winning this great prize. There were also quite a few more happy faces around. Liz and Eddie Mc Kinistry, Joe Leonard, Chris Angus, Rose Mc Coy, Peter Morgan, Jimmy Black, and of course not forgetting our good friend John Humphries and his excellent dog China. Big well done to John and China for winning the racing. A big congratulations to all the other happy excellent winners, Deidre will have all the Pics up shortly, and correctly will say who won what. Cant wait to see the photographs. We left Ballywalter at 8pm yesterday evening with so many happy memories with all our friends , and also with a smile on my face to , as our Whippet Silver, and Whippet pup Reilly got two 2nds and a 3rd in their classes. The only down side is Big John and myself are very tired today and badly sunburned. Not a bad complaint. It was definately worth the pain. Looking forward now to Shanes Castle for another good day out.

What a lovely happy family day was had by all yesterday at Ballywalter Game Fair . The Gods were definately shinning on all the K 9 Community , as the sun beamed down in abundance right through the day. This show was impeccably run by Mr Albert J Titterington and his most efficient well versed committe, staff and stewarts. A big thank you to Albert J for giving so many people and their families so much enjoyment and a great family day out, after the long cold, snowy, awful winter we had. It was a great uplift. John Humphries was on hand with the good old mountain due ( Whiskey in this case) and and John made sure everyone of his friends and further a field got a a few tipples out of that bottle, and maybe a few bottles more. Thank you so much John it was a very kind gesture. It was so much appreciated and added to the wonderful atmostphere of the day.

Bluebell, Deidre Mc Coy was there on the day to capture every persons moment of triumph. Deidre you always do a great job and capture that glorious moment and also the unsuspecting one as well. Stewart Harpur was also there clicking these happy moments as well. Stewart what would we do without you and Deidre at these shows. Stewart we have some beautiful framed photographs you took for us ,Boy what memories. It is great in the dark cold days of winter, to sit by the fireside and and look through and reminise on the the summers winnings. Well done Deidre and Stewart.

And Finally, We cannot forget Matt Lee and his team for the way you organised this great K9 day out. Matt we are so proud of you, along with Billy Copeland and Water White, for the brilliant way you carried out your duties firm and fair in this show. The turn out at this Dog Show yesterday was by far in my estimation much larger than last year. My happiest memory of the day, was when Mickey Quinn came over to me in the evening , and took out a cheque for £50 to show me what he and his brilliant dog won as a top prize, It was worth a million pounds to see that happy smile on the face of a proud man on winning this great prize. There were also quite a few more happy faces around. Liz and Eddie Mc Kinistry, Joe Leonard, Chris Angus, Rose Mc Coy, Peter Morgan, Jimmy Black, and of course not forgetting our good friend John Humphries and his excellent dog China. Big well done to John and China for winning the racing. A big congratulations to all the other happy excellent winners, Deidre will have all the Pics up shortly, and correctly will say who won what. Cant wait to see the photographs. We left Ballywalter at 8pm yesterday evening with so many happy memories with all our friends , and also with a smile on my face to , as our Whippet Silver, and Whippet pup Reilly got two 2nds and a 3rd in their classes. The only down side is Big John and myself are very tired today and badly sunburned. Not a bad complaint. It was definately worth the pain. Looking forward now to Shanes Castle for another good day out.

Thanks - the terrier , lurcher & WHIPPET crowd - often criticised and demonised and banished to the sidelines or outskirts of fairs proved yeaterday that they deserve to be an integral part of the fair. Lord Dunleath came down to watch the racing and said he was impressed by the sportsmanship being displayed and the obvious enthusiasm being displayed by the handlers for their sport and their dogs.

I managed to take in some of the showing and most of the racing I have to say what impressed me most was the hard condition of the obviously well cared for dogs and the very sporting atmosphere round the rings and race track. It was a great start to the Master McGrath Challenge and the closeness of the racing shows that there will be many good races between now and the final at Shanes Castle on the 25th June.

This was the largest turnout ever for a Ballywalter T,L &W event - great to see so many whippets! At 11.30 I thought we were going to have to look for more car parking as there were four lines of parked cars plus the additional square at the top packed in. A conservative estimate given by our security was of 300 -350 vehicles. And at just before 8.00pm I was amazed to still see the crowd strung out along 200 yards plus of race track.

Matt Snr and 'young' Matt were superb and I heard nothing but praise for the judges - well done Walter and Billy!

Photo - crowd along race track at 7.50 pm.

Albert

post-35212-0-91600500-1304330140_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlbertJ

Thanks - the terrier , lurcher & WHIPPET crowd - often criticised and demonised and banished to the sidelines or outskirts of fairs proved yeaterday that they deserve to be an integral part of the fair. Lord Dunleath came down to watch the racing and said he was impressed by the sportsmanship being displayed and the obvious enthusiasm being displayed by the handlers for their sport and their dogs.

I managed to take in some of the showing and most of the racing I have to say what impressed me most was the hard condition of the obviously well cared for dogs and the very sporting atmosphere round the rings and race track. It was a great start to the Master McGrath Challenge and the closeness of the racing shows that there will be many good races between now and the final at Shanes Castle on the 25th June.

This was the largest turnout ever for a Ballywalter T,L &W event - great to see so many whippets! At 11.30 I thought we were going to have to look for more car parking as there were four lines of parked cars plus the additional square at the top packed in. A conservative estimate given by our security was of 300 -350 vehicles. And at just before 8.00pm I was amazed to still see the crowd strung out along 200 yards plus of race track.

Matt Snr and 'young' Matt were superb and I heard nothing but praise for the judges - well done Walter and Billy!

Photo - crowd along race track at 7.50 pm.

Albert

Had a excellent day at ballywalter the kids and rest of family had a great time, the day was even better when my big collie crosss lurcher Stella picked up reserve champion well chuffed... well done to the winner.