Clondulane Country Fair Sat June 11Th 2011

post-60255-0-70137200-1304203459_thumb.jpg

This years show promises to be even bigger and better than ever. In addition to the Terrier / Lurcher / and Hound show we are holding a Ferret show , a Country Pursuits Bring and Buy Sale for all items Fieldsports related ,no bric a brac or carboot type items allowed,free camping available on a first come first served basis,full bar facilities on site,test your skill and strength with our crosscut saw challenge, sheaf throwing and tractor balancing competitions.Starting at 12 noon and running till late evening. A great family day out assured.Trade stands welcome by prior arrangement. Clondulane is 1.5mls east of Fermoy in County Cork, for directions click the link below.

Any enquiries welcome using the email link below.

My link

Email me

whos judgeing the terriers

Still working out the details with a few guys will pm you the name when I've finalised things.I don't really want to start dropping names till every thing's sorted.

thanks a million for your support Sunday. Best of luck with show. See you there.

Good Hunting

Johnny

You ran a great show on Sunday, I really enjoyed the day. Looking forward to seeing you in Clondulane.

• 2 weeks later...

post-60255-0-13787900-1305283851_thumb.jpg

New qualifiers added

Redmills Master McGrath Challenge

Redmills Five Nations International Lurcher Championship final

The Derbyshire Bullcross Final

The Earth Dog Running Dog Entered Terrier Final

The Earth Dog Running Dog Working Lurcher Final

There will also be a pet dog show

• 2 weeks later...

post-60255-0-13787900-1305283851_thumb.jpg

New qualifiers added

Redmills Master McGrath Challenge

Redmills Five Nations International Lurcher Championship final

The Derbyshire Bullcross Final

The Earth Dog Running Dog Entered Terrier Final

The Earth Dog Running Dog Working Lurcher Final

There will also be a pet dog show

Not long now lads, a little over 2 weeks,ye better get practicing for the sheaf throwing we don't want a repeat of last year where the women nearly beat the men.

New qualifiers added

32 Counties Champion of Champions

The Heart of Wales Champion of Champions.

To be fair she was quiet a handy looking lady, she just wasn't as drunk as most of the men.The site is slap bang in the middle of the village of Clondulane which is just off the N72 the main Waterford to Killarney road, 1.5 miles on the Waterford side of Fermoy County Cork.Click the link to get a google map. My link

To be fair she was quiet a handy looking lady, she just wasn't as drunk as most of the men as the sheaf throwing went on passed midnight last year.The site is slap bang in the middle of the village of Clondulane which is just off the N72 the main Waterford to Killarney road, 1.5 miles on the Waterford side of Fermoy County Cork.Click the link to get a google map.My link

Edited by jsmith

post-60255-0-70137200-1304203459_thumb.jpg

This years show promises to be even bigger and better than ever. In addition to the Terrier / Lurcher / and Hound show we are holding a Ferret show , a Country Pursuits Bring and Buy Sale for all items Fieldsports related ,no bric a brac or carboot type items allowed,free camping available on a first come first served basis,full bar facilities on site,test your skill and strength with our crosscut saw challenge, sheaf throwing and tractor balancing competitions.Starting at 12 noon and running till late evening. A great family day out assured.Trade stands welcome by prior arrangement. Clondulane is 1.5mls east of Fermoy in County Cork, for directions click the link below.

Any enquiries welcome using the email link below.

My link

Email me

Congratulations on getting this event off the ground.

Can I remind lurcher owners that this is the last Irish qualifying heat for the Redmills Master McGrath Challenge

The REDMILLS MASTER McGRATH CHALLENGE TO FIND THE FASTEST LURCHER IN THE UK and IRELAND

This is a competition that has excited great interest all over Ireland and the UK. A number of qualifying heats have taken place and others are planned for the GRAND FINAL over 150 yards to take place at Shanes Castle on the 25th June 2011. Please note there will NOT be a heat at Shanes Castle but after the final, the normal ALL Ireland Terrier & Lurcher Championship racing will take place over the normal longer distance.

The Winner of the Master McGrath Challenge will win a prize package worth between £1500 and £2,000 plus of course a very prestigious title . It will be at least €500 cash, a Barbour Coat worth €500 plus a portrait of their dog by well known canine artist David L Prescott plus dog food and other ancillary prizes. I decided that since the runner up might be beaten by just inches that there should be a second prize - this will be a watch valued at £250 sponsored by my good friend Tom Gardiner of Gardiner Bros Jewellers, Belfast.

Two dogs to qualify for the final from Clondulane.

Clondulane has also got a qualifying heat for The New REDMILLS INTERNATIONAL LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIPS HEAT

The Champion Lurcher qualifies for the Five Nations International Championship Final to take place at the Irish Game & Country Fair on Sunday 28th August 2011. The prize fund for the winner of this championship is expected to exceed €1,500 and the winner of the Shanes Castle heat qualifies for €50 towards at Birr.

In addition to the Master Mc Grath Final at the Irish Game Fair at Shanes Castle there is also racing over a longer distance for the 24th Annual All Ireland Terrier & Lurcher Racing Championships ( Saturday 25th June) and Showing for the All Ireland Terrier & Lurcher Championships ( Sunday 26th June). This really is Ireland largest weekend for Terrier, Lurcher and Whippet enthusiasts.

Thanks Albert,it's been and still is a lot of very hard work as anyone who has organised a show will tell you.This show would not be possible without the support of people such as yourself and the many other people that have helped us. The amount of advice and support has been truly humbling.

We have a really cracking day's entertainment lined up with some events that you won't have seen at too many shows before.The main focus of our show is the dogs,we have a 200yrd track for straight racing, a 100yrd track for hurdles and some 40 plus show classes.We will again be holding a pet dog show and will also have races for these classes as well as lure scurries.

We will have a hunting and fieldsports bring and buy sale where people can sell equipment, dogs , ferrets ,birds anything to do with fieldsports but no carboot type items or bric a brac will be allowed.

We will have local Crafts and we are delighted to be able to showcase many of these within the many stalls.The show will also feature demonstrations of crafts as diverse as Thatching to sheep shearing to horse shoeing.There will also be gun and working dog demonstrations as well as the kids talent show and fancy dress competition.

We will also have a poultry show and poultry bring and buy sale which is a reflection of the rise in popularity that backyard poultry is having at present.

In addition to our near famous sheaf throwing competition we are this year adding a doubled handled cross cut sawing challenge. Teams of two will compete against the clock to cut through a log with the fasting team being crowned winners, a true test of strength and stamina for both men and women.

The mechanically minded have not been over looked either with a flying display by a group of local light aircraft enthusiasts ( weather permitting) , a vintage display, classic car displays by both the Volkswagen Beetle and Mini clubs of Ireland as well as a model machinery display.

The kids will be spoilt for choice with our barrel train , pony rides ,bouncy castles ,adventure trailer and animal corner. Top the day off with excellent live music and first class food from our food stalls and barbecue and you really do have a great family day out.

All proceeds from this event go directly to the School.