good dogs

imo bags of big numbers often is what seperates the good dogs from the not so good dogs :thumbs:

cORRRRRRRECT

Ive seen some good dogs get 60+ rabbits in a night, aint seen a bad dog do it yet..

That would be a good rabbit dog

Guest Leveller

One thing i would never do is allow a dog to tell me its time to go home,

I have to disagree with you on that one mate, surely if the dogs had a hard night/day and you can read early signs of fatigue you could very easily ruin a good dog by trying to get more out of it. I'm all for testing and pushing but if the dog's saying it's time to go home then I would listen the dogs health, abililty and wellbeing is paramount no extra rabbit is worth ruining a good dog for there will always be another time.

• Like 1

well hi,

besides my introdution on here this is my 1st topic.

i been watching this site as a guest for a fair few months and i thought it was time i joined it,so here goes,

ive read all the topics on good dogs bad dogs big dogs little dogs so what pre ban or now is a good dogs catch rate?????

my 2 would always catch ok numbers but what is good numbers a week 3 hares a day x 4 days a week???

20 rabbits a night x 5 nights a week???

2 roe a night 4 nights a week or a fox a night 5 nights a week?????

where do we realy say our dogs are good or where good pre ban?????hope we can have a pleasurable topic on this i just would like to know what is a good lurchers catch rate and how long will they last for injury free,

a good catch rate is what you consider it to be no to days or nights the same no one can really say but on the whole my view is that if you catch half what you chase you doing ok and alot depends on weather area and if game been chased before or lamped to bits as far as injurys some minor some major and some fatal the later is worst it gets acidents come when least expected :thumbs:

well hi,

besides my introdution on here this is my 1st topic.

i been watching this site as a guest for a fair few months and i thought it was time i joined it,so here goes,

ive read all the topics on good dogs bad dogs big dogs little dogs so what pre ban or now is a good dogs catch rate?????

my 2 would always catch ok numbers but what is good numbers a week 3 hares a day x 4 days a week???

20 rabbits a night x 5 nights a week???

2 roe a night 4 nights a week or a fox a night 5 nights a week?????

where do we realy say our dogs are good or where good pre ban?????hope we can have a pleasurable topic on this i just would like to know what is a good lurchers catch rate and how long will they last for injury free,

a good catch rate is what you consider it to be no to days or nights the same no one can really say but on the whole my view is that if you catch half what you chase you doing ok and alot depends on weather area and if game been chased before or lamped to bits as far as injurys some minor some major and some fatal the later is worst it gets acidents come when least expected :thumbs:

well said