New or Used?

More shots per charge with a .22 though shepp and he is used to .22! I did suggest he confuse the world and go .20 though!

The ONLY advantage of .177 over .22 is that the .177's cost less than the equivalent number of pellets in .22 :yes:

Tony

.177 is flatter than .22 :yes: but you have to make sure you place every shot correctly :doh: , a .22 is no less accurate to shoot than .177 just needs more practice :hmm: but does hit harder :yes: , as for the target boys if i started winning :toast: all the time with a straw shooting plastic BB's then they all would be using one by next year :wallbash: I shoot .22 originally cause I found loading .177 pellets in my spring gun was awkward :blink: especially in the cold but now i shoot PCP i still use .22 cause I'm good with em :thumbs: , and a good shot will be a good shot no matter what he shoots :bye:

cliberyx41vn4.jpg

:whistling:

OK what zero were the 2 scopes both the same ? what pellets were used a heavy .177 and a lighter .22 or a heavy .22 and lighter .177 ? :hmm: I know a .177 is flatter fact but in the army I shot out to distances where no matter what you used you would need to dial it in , so the .22 does not bother me , I shoot 100metres at targets with my 100 and get fookin good groupings , no worry about the drop. :thumbs:

The centre of the lower .177 would be a none kill any way at 45 yards , the difference from centre of the .22 and centre of the .177 is an inch all there abouts , at 45 yards , come on don't believe the hype , if you guys cant work out trajectory out to 45 yards then you need a different type of gun there called shotguns. :cry:

I still go with my statement .177 is flatter but you got to be in the correct area .22 is harder hitting and there fore gives you more options at 45 yards my HW100 in .22 will give me 8.3 ft lbs my air arms in .177 will only be 6.7 :yes:

and at 100 metres its 4.9 for the .22 and 3.1 for the .177 , see there is an argument for both calibres , I personally like the .22 it gives me more options , if you like .177 cool. :thumbs: