Castratet ferrets ?

steezy

Hi All !

Did casrated ferrets ( male´s and female´s ) work the same like uncastrated ?

What is better to work on Rat´s ...male or female ?

Greeting´s

Steezy

Personally i dont think it makes any difference, i would neuter if you dont intend breeding , never used ferrets on rats so have no idea :)

castration makes little or no difference to their working ability

on rats, me & dad always used the skinniest jills, they fit down the holes better. half the hobs i've had would get completely stuck! dad purposely breeds quite thin, long jills, rather than little dumpy ones, for ratting with.

Depends how many of what sex you have? if you only have the one male and several females, cost wise got to be cheaper to do male, would be worth Vesectamising him though as he would still be able to do the business when the girls come on season but not get them pregnant? As i have said on other threads, you even get the chance to pimp him out for a few pints with other owners who dont want young. I would obviously meen you would have to borrow a hob if you want young in future. but at least girls would still be furtile.. Have heard a few people mention risk of hob still getting jills pregnant, havent had this problem myself. Hob serves between 10 and 15 jills in a seanson and non over the past 6 years have had young through him.

Depends how many of what sex you have? if you only have the one male and several females, cost wise got to be cheaper to do male, would be worth Vesectamising him though as he would still be able to do the business when the girls come on season but not get them pregnant? As i have said on other threads, you even get the chance to pimp him out for a few pints with other owners who dont want young. I would obviously meen you would have to borrow a hob if you want young in future. but at least girls would still be furtile.. Have heard a few people mention risk of hob still getting jills pregnant, havent had this problem myself. Hob serves between 10 and 15 jills in a seanson and non over the past 6 years have had young through him.

HI !

Thank you for your answers ! Would be nice to see some pic´s of ratting with ferret´s !

I will get a pair or more this year and few people told me if i don´t want to breed better to castrate them even the female´s because of problem´s with their hormone´s they could died of that !

Greeting´s

Steezy