Return of the Molepile!

Back down on the permission this evening and I decided to go for Moby Bun (the big black bar attendant)... Seeing as it was warm I got the summer camo out (de-lined NBC suit) and I set up and positioned myself at 30 metres from the corner he likes to play in... About an hour in and I was scanning the edges when I noticed a nice sized bun on the right hand side.

I slowly turned round and took aim. I pulled and had a wind gust. It was further away than I estimated (40 metres not 30 metres) and I got the poor thing in the neck and it went down, but tried to get away. I followed it and finished it off with a head shot at the bottom of the ditch (which fortunately was dry).

Lots of kits playing at the 60 yard down wind range, so left them alone and waited for the big black bun. After about another hour and a half I saw movement right in front of me. A nice sized rabbit had popped up the bank and was having a chow down, watching me. So I slowly lined up the Tasco and pulled, head shot and rabbit drops and kicks! Much better!

HPIM0814.jpg

My link to my supplier...

LWS Supplies

They have plenty, I got given 5 as a present by my mother. Two have had the charcoal liner stripped out for summer use, 3 are remaining lined, 2 in use and 1 as spare. I have found that after they have breathed for a little bit and lost the new smell you can actually be upwind of rabbits without spooking them to much, so they must work at scent suppression, at least you wont get chemical burns from weedkillers, pesticides etc using a lined one...

I wish I had one sometimes, the whiff from the sewage works can be a bit extreme! The lining is stitched in, not glued, so turn it inside out, get a sharp pair of scissors and cut through the charcoal liner, then just go round and cut by stitching, just through the liner, cut round the pockets and the belt/brace/velcro reinforcements. Then pull liner clear. Lightweight summer camo and some practise at cutting out too!