I have just bought new whippet dog pup, 10 weeks old, bought off Dave Sleight, bred from racing/hunting lines. Has anyone had a pup off this man before. I am normally in to terriers but a chance to shift rabbits from a number of farms prompted me to get a running dog. Any tips you have to get sorted with working this dog when he is older would be welcome.

Reynard

Edited by reynard

Ive got one of his thats about 10 months old and out of his bitch , bess. Shes been sound with the ferrets and livestock but retrieving can be hit and miss , thats probably more my fault than the dogs though. If i can sort it out ill put some pics up later

Ive got one of his thats about 10 months old and out of his bitch , bess. Shes been sound with the ferrets and livestock but retrieving can be hit and miss , thats probably more my fault than the dogs though. If i can sort it out ill put some pics up later

wats her speed like neil r ?

wats her speed like neil r ?

Shes pretty quick especially the initial burst of speed , but my lurcher can catch her up and leave her behind easily , he is lightning fast though. Shes only for ferreting though so the early speed and speed of reaction is perfect for the job . Ill try and put a pic i took a few months ago up , dont know if it will work though

I have just bought new whippet dog pup, 10 weeks old, bought off Dave Sleight, bred from racing/hunting lines. Has anyone had a pup off this man before. I am normally in to terriers but a chance to shift rabbits from a number of farms prompted me to get a running dog. Any tips you have to get sorted with working this dog when he is older would be welcome.

Reynard

saw the litter. liked the blue and white one myself. just used their dad on my bull bitch.

I can't get any pics up but he is a blue blck pup with a white blaze and some white on his feet, started getting him to fetch a rope toy without using titbits, he did ok fetching it two or three times, with food he wasn't bothered over the rope at all, just have to keep at it I think.

Reynard