What makes a good dogman

I have no idea what my dog is thinking....and I'm almost certain she wouldn't be able to pick a good dogman out of a lineup. Most dogs have only two things on their mind whether something tastes good or if they can hump it. :whistling: I'm a crap dogman I keep mine waaay past their sell by date let them sleep on the couch and feed them chicken curry and beer at the weekend. I applaud my quarry if it escapes and take the dog to the vet if it's injured. :rolleyes:

You can't tell when your dogs have to eliminate? You can't tell when they smell game?

See, I don't think you take weasels meaning. A good animal handler can read his charges. He can see a limp that others miss. He can read the animals body language so he's not often caught off guard by what it does. It comes down to paying attention to details. This gives him the timing necessary, to train efficiantly.

Walk into a mans kennels. If the waters clean, the shits picked up and the beddings dry. He's a good dog man or will be someday. He's on top of the details. I believe dogs and other animals that are acclimated to people. Can pick these qualities out. Thats how the little mexican on tvdoes what he does. He pays attention to the details. Animals know, they'll get what they need from him. So, they except and rely on him.ATB

No offence mate but neither you or weasil's posts make any sense to me. You some kinda karma chi thing going on with your dogs but in terms of knowing what

your dog's thinking I would leave the weed alone it's obviously messing with your heids . Hav a good one!

My dog thinks your a knob. :laugh: But seriously im no top dog man :no

Although i do look good walking around the shows. :wub:

Get your dog to drop me a txt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good dog man,Would be a good horse man if he kept horses,A good stock man if he kept cattle.Its a keen eye to see what a animal is saying without speaking,A understanding of how a animal might be th

I have no idea what my dog is thinking....and I'm almost certain she wouldn't be able to pick a good dogman out of a lineup. Most dogs have only two things on their mind whether something tastes good

f**k sake lab, you keep this up and I'll need to rethink my thoughts about you...... Again I agree with you too many people think dogs are machines, they don't want to get close to them cos they kno

the only way to spot a good man or woman with dogs, it's not in his talk , or what he says ,what he types or what he puts down on paper

its always in his \her dogs and how much attention they pay to him, its a bond that words can't explain ,it go's way beyond , shouting or dominance or all the shite

its a partnership that dont need words , body language can be the normal channel of expression, Total understanding on both sides,,

Edited by Casso