finding ferrets

First ferret I had I found when I was 13 ,a tiny albino jill she was a great worker & mother.Only problem with this was a few weeks after I found her ,I heard that a local hardnut 10 or more years older than me had lost a ferret in the area I found her,he knew I had her but couldn't lose face & ask for her back,so I kept her ,but it meant this knobhead gave me a hard time but never mentioned the ferret,he abandoned her so he he didn't want her, IMO.I should say this was 30+ years ago.

She'd gone to the right person, good on ya...........Al :thumbs-up:

i found an old ruby-eyed silver/sandy hob a few years ago, he was running up the road... i thought - "funny-looking cat.." til i got closer! slammed on the brakes, hopped out, and he just trotted up to me, lay down waiting to be picked up. i'm pretty sure i know where he came from, suspected previous owner being a right tosser with feck-all clue about how to look after a ferret. picked the right person to run out in front of! he got christened "Ruby Roadkill"....

Did he challenge you in any way or was he quite friendly? I guess if he had been handled well previous to this though, he'd have been quite happy to see someone.............Al :thumbs-up:

no not at all hes very freindly ive had him out about 3 times now and hes always killed down the hole every set hes done with rabbits in :blink::hmm:

First ferret I had I found when I was 13 ,a tiny albino jill she was a great worker & mother.Only problem with this was a few weeks after I found her ,I heard that a local hardnut 10 or more years older than me had lost a ferret in the area I found her,he knew I had her but couldn't lose face & ask for her back,so I kept her ,but it meant this knobhead gave me a hard time but never mentioned the ferret,he abandoned her so he he didn't want her, IMO.I should say this was 30+ years ago.

a mate of mine who has be twenty years ferreting was once out ferreting and entered his ferret down a hole and fox bolted from a near by hole he reckons noise must of scared it out

a mate of mine who has be twenty years ferreting was once out ferreting and entered his ferret down a hole and fox bolted from a near by hole he reckons noise must of scared it out

I have bolted cats, rats, foxes and stoats over the years, as well as a couple of owls. It makes you hesitate for a split second or two when you make a dive for the net. It also makes you wonder what is in front of the ferret at the end of a dig when you're groping round in the dark . . . :blink:

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter
one day out ferreting we found a pervert sneaking about with no clothes on except red high heels and fishnet tights :icon_eek:

Yes, well; There's no Law against it and, frankly, I found your remarks at the time rather offensive! :(

Good point there, OTC; If ever ye reach in and pull out a f*ckin rat, ye'd better hope the ferrets well and truly dealt with the bugger first, eh?! F*ck That!!! :icon_eek:

Not on a trip but a young jill took up residence in my back yard a couple of years ago.Brilliant bunny bolter and have had 2 litters from her.She's a placid pet and fierce hunter and i never found where she had come from despite numerous posters and enquiries. :)