I believe that unless claims in an advert are proven to be true you can complain and the advert will be removed.

Damn apparently the ASA cleared the advert.

Edited by scalesntails

I know mate i have no idea how it was cleared, although the tenuous link could be made that a very high meat, or poor meat (i.e macdonalds) diet could be considered unhealthy and this ultimately some form of child abuse. However it cannot in anyway be claimed that feeding ANY meat to your child is child abuse. SO it's a false claim. Is it also not slanderous, against say the meat industry? At the end of the day its an opinion.

I also like the way they have a fat kid eating a macdonalds, but of course the healthy kid eating home reared, or home caught meat wouldn't be there, or the fat kid who doesnt eat meat, but lots of sweets, chocolate etc.

What a bunch of cranks! :doh: All that advert does is to make themselves look even more detached from reality than they really are. Could you seriously believe that any sane minded person would see that advert, go home and never feed their kids meat ever again? The ad couldn't have been cheap, let them piss their funds away of shite like that, it won't do their cause any good.. :no:

Its near schools tho, and you know how kids can be, in my opinion its just not on. If i stuck up a huge bill board saying 'Rabbiting is fun and good exercise' and if had a picture of a healthy kid with a dead bunny in his hand, how long before it was pulled etc?

My missus has a PETA style t-shirt that say

MEAT IS MURDER. . .

mmmmmm, tasty, tasty murder.

Always gets some abuse.

I believe that unless claims in an advert are proven to be true you can complain and the advert will be removed.

Damn apparently the ASA cleared the advert.

Was going to ask how it possibly got cleared as an ad.

How on Earth!!

PETA always have to go too far. Extremist they certainly are.