Polecat or Greyhound?

Polecat or Greyhound Ferret?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Have you found to be better?

Oh right, sorry, it sounded like someones badly made up attempt. Which color is best? And then a list with only 1 color and a body type? Doesn't really sound like a genuine enquiry. You irish people are mad, i've heard jills called does, sandys called cinnamons, albinos called greyhounds? Not knocking you, but your all crazy.

this chap is a new commer to the site and he asks a genuine question about a sport he is big into. how i know this is because he happens to be my nephew and is only new to ferriting. on his very first post on this site you try make a c**T out of him. seems to be a pretty common trait of yours to be an arrogant twat. and then you go on to insult the irish..... idiot. if you have notthing constructive to say or offer to new young members except sarcasm then you should be fu**ed off the site and become an internet hunter on some other site. the IRISH do have two distinct breeds of ferrit. polecats or greyhounds. jills as ye call them are does over here, so what....... what relevance is that stupid comment??? greyhound ferrit or polecat ferrit, which do you prefer is what the lad asked and its a very valid question, as people have very different views on both..... so it brings to light the question of who really knows whats what about ferrits... OBVIOUSLY NOT YOU IDEATION..........

• Like 2

Oh right, sorry, it sounded like someones badly made up attempt. Which color is best? And then a list with only 1 color and a body type? Doesn't really sound like a genuine enquiry. You irish people are mad, i've heard jills called does, sandys called cinnamons, albinos called greyhounds? Not knocking you, but your all crazy.

this chap is a new commer to the site and he asks a genuine question about a sport he is big into. how i know this is because he happens to be my nephew and is only new to ferriting. on his very first post on this site you try make a c**T out of him. seems to be a pretty common trait of yours to be an arrogant twat. and then you go on to insult the irish..... idiot. if you have notthing constructive to say or offer to new young members then except sarcasm then you should be fu**ed off the site and become an internet hunter on some other site. the IRISH do have two distinct breeds of ferrit. polecats or greyhounds. jills as ye call them are does over here, so what....... what relevance is that stupid comment??? greyhound ferrit or polecat ferrit, which do you prefer is what the lad asked and its a very valid question, as people have very different views on both..... so it brings to light the question of who really knows whats what about ferrits... OBVIOUSLY NOT YOU IDEATION..........

well said lad.

• Like 1

this chap is a new commer to the site and he asks a genuine question about a sport he is big into. how i know this is because he happens to be my nephew and is only new to ferriting. on his very first post on this site you try make a c**T out of him. seems to be a pretty common trait of yours to be an arrogant twat. and then you go on to insult the irish..... idiot. if you have notthing constructive to say or offer to new young members except sarcasm then you should be fu**ed off the site and become an internet hunter on some other site. the IRISH do have two distinct breeds of ferrit. polecats or greyhounds. jills as ye call them are does over here, so what....... what relevance is that stupid comment??? greyhound ferrit or polecat ferrit, which do you prefer is what the lad asked and its a very valid question, as people have very different views on both..... so it brings to light the question of who really knows whats what about ferrits... OBVIOUSLY NOT YOU IDEATION..........

Color / ferrets / working ability, a very 'valid' question, do you no mean pointless and over asked???

First off, me 'insulting' the Irish, i think you will find that was what we commonly refer to as a 'joke' or 'banter' :doh:

If you READ what i wrote you will note the fact that i was saying sorry for the confusion in that, over there, 'greyhound' is a color (albino) :blink: rather than a body type

I also think you will find (if you bothered to check smart ass) that i do give a lot of useful and helpful information to both newcomers and not so new comers.

Now i'm very sorry that i upset your nephew, but as his uncle, how about spending some of your time educating him and teaching him about ferreting? There is nothing wrong with being new and a beginner, but we do get a lot of EXTREMELY daft questions on here, that ARE often either the work of cretins or antis / folk trolling. And you must admit that this was a pretty wierd poll even for a new comer.

I DO genuinely find it interesting that uniquely in Ireland and across the whole country, things are named very wierdly when it comes to ferreting, i wasn't slagging off the Irish or saying it was 'wrong', just that it was a bit odd.

I.E Using a term for SHAPE to signify COLOR and using the name for a female RABBIT for a female FERRET.

So I apologize to your nephew :thumbs: But you need to chill out :laugh:

in ireland albinos are called greyhounds and hobs and jills are called bucks and does. dosnt matter the colour.i have polecats and greyhound ferrets.there all the same.just train them well and feed them dead rabbit to get the sent.i uses small does cause there would be less chance of the ferret making a kill.most bucks are to big and have a better chance in making a kill and lieing up in the burrow.but saying that i got a small buck last year.its the size of a doe.so i crossed him wit me does so should have some good ferrets this year.

in ireland albinos are called greyhounds and hobs and jills are called bucks and does. dosnt matter the colour.i have polecats and greyhound ferrets.there all the same.just train them well and feed them dead rabbit to get the sent.i uses small does cause there would be less chance of the ferret making a kill.most bucks are to big and have a better chance in making a kill and lieing up in the burrow.but saying that i got a small buck last year.its the size of a doe.so i crossed him wit me does so should have some good ferrets this year.

Thanks for the first decent piece of information. A lot of people on this site just think they no everything!