two lads lamping

Hi, Last night lying in a field, after charles with a .223, now I know I am in an airgun forum, this is just to keep you informed of the situation, this particular field is like fox central, everything crosses this field, including a public footpath to the far right, but in your periferal vision,so always aware of walkers, lie still, cammoed up, already sorted 3 three charlies this week .

Awaiting the next one, then out of the corner of my eye there is a aston villa shirt sticking out like a sore thumb,on the field horizon, but not on the footpath, closer to me. Then there two of them carrying guns over their shoulders heading to the wood at the side of me, one lad had a villa shirt on, short sleeved, the other had just a jumper, no coat, and believe me it wasn't very warm.

Jumper lad sees me, makeing a bee line for me, 50 Yards from me he starts bawling to me, Hey dont shoot this way as we are going lamping in the wood, To which, my answer was, Have you got permission to shoot on this land, answer No, you dont need permission to shoot airguns.

Oh yes you do was my reply, But there only airguns, says he. Is it your land, he says, Yes it is, Oh he says, On the next field there was a shooter arrested for shooting, without permission who was charged with armed tresspass, by the boys in blue, Hes doing a 5 stretch now,

Its my land when I have the written permission of the land owner, and have had for some time, these two herberts have no permission to be on there, especially when a .223 would probably make them deceased if a shot went astray, apart from anything it gives the responsible shooter a bad name, if anything goes wrong, now you should live and let live, but it might not have been a pellet gun and they might have shot me with a .223, I wouldn't be too happy about that would I. If villa shirt wants to look inconspicuous, he needs to hide at villa park, the rabbits wouldn't see him there he would blend in.

Guest john5

And ya posted here why? Survey villa have a website and forum for you to tell ya little tale at.

Atb

Karpman

i wonderd why that little story was posted ????? maybe some point to it somewhere

fair enough they shouldnt have been there but why would you be shooting a big calibur gun so close to a public walk way, is there a certain distance that you have to be away from public road,footpath's, houses to fire a shot anyway permission or not??

I think the only points you can take from it - is that it is really worrying that ANYONE can go out and buy a firearm capable of killing from a shop with no licence, training or skill, and that lamping with a rifle is also (half the time due to the shooter) f*****g lethal.

I think the only points you can take from it - is that it is really worrying that ANYONE can go out and buy a firearm capable of killing from a shop with no licence, training or skill, and that lamping with a rifle is also (half the time due to the shooter) f*****g lethal.

I do wonder what your motives are for hanging around here blessing us with your wisdom.

Out spoken hypocrite with a dislike for air rifles. trolling is all I guess.

Boredom or some f****n one man army to get legislation on air weapons tightened?

Karpman

Guest john5

he never mentioned killing anything from a shop with no licence , what the feck you lots taking because it must be strong stuff

Guest john5

I do wonder what your motives are for hanging around here blessing us with your wisdom.

Out spoken hypocrite with a dislike for air rifles. trolling is all I guess.

Boredom or some f****n one man army to get legislation on air weapons tightened?

Karpman

go steady karpman , the guy is from sarf wales and that could explain his stupidity

I also have air guns, but I also have permissions, where i use cammo, other shooters have villa shirts, thats up to them, Get Permission, to shoot like the rest of us, and the footpath is on the other side of the field, to the right of me, the field is rated by the fao, as 308 . it has plenty of backstops for safe shooting, if you know how to shoot and why, and when. It could have been any football shirt, I couldnt give a dam, GET PERMISSION TO SHOOT. End of.

You may very well be missing the point, as an outspoken hypocrite i feel the need to placate my bordom, by posting on this forum, and trying to extol the virtues of the safe use of those, wickid fire sticks, that harm those little birds, and those nasty little wabbits, I have been in the army but it wasnt one man, it was a big club i was in. If I have upset you in any way please except my appologies . I still think you have missed the point . Do I give a toss, not a hope in hell.

I also have air guns, but I also have permissions, where i use cammo, other shooters have villa shirts, thats up to them, Get Permission, to shoot like the rest of us, and the footpath is on the other side of the field, to the right of me, the field is rated by the fao, as 308 . it has plenty of backstops for safe shooting, if you know how to shoot and why, and when. It could have been any football shirt, I couldnt give a dam, GET PERMISSION TO SHOOT. End of.

Steady on, mate, you're not on a forum full of chav w*nkers :blink:

Just to put another slant on it, Paul, one place I shoot over with a mate (airguns, permission :thumbs: ) has the problem of knobs with HMR's and .22 rimmys randomly driving the lanes and tracks lamping from 4x4s and I don't for one second think about posting on the relavent section for them to imply that all RF users are poachers so please extend the same respect to us :thumbs:

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

You'd be better spending your time getting in touch with your MP than posting that on here, if that's how you feel about airguns :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

You may very well be missing the point, as an outspoken hypocrite i feel the need to placate my bordom, by posting on this forum, and trying to extol the virtues of the safe use of those, wickid fire sticks, that harm those little birds, and those nasty little wabbits, I have been in the army but it wasnt one man, it was a big club i was in. If I have upset you in any way please except my appologies . I still think you have missed the point . Do I give a toss, not a hope in hell.

I like a drink too...!! :laugh::D

Eee I don't know. Never far from a spat or cross word here these days.

Paul.

Thank you for your concern sir but, I think everyone here with a permission to shoot over...has permission to shoot over it :thumbs:

Simon