Now I'm Having the desired Impact!

Guest Rabbiteer

Guest Rabbiteer

I was having a bit of a problem controlling some rabbits coming from a deep quarry to a plot of land that a farmers has set aside for some crops.

I had tried on a few occasions to shoot them but due to the fence line and the fact that the rabbits are so spooky, I was getting very low successes. I couldnt ferret it because I had no idea where the holes were going and didnt want to loose my pair down the side of the quarry.

So I contacted this site to try a nd learn a bit about snaring, and im so glad I did. Woodga sold me his DVD which gave me the base knowledge I needed to know. Snareman encouraged me over the phone and sent me down 50 of his snares.

And CHALKWARREN showed me how to relate my new knowledge to the ground I was working. It didnt put me off, that he discribed my land as some of the worst in Britain. That morning he took the time to lay on the ground next to me and explain the differance from each hole to the next, and tell me what the rabbit was trying to acheive or was thinking about. I have to say that the respect he describes the quarry with both before and after capture is amazing.

So, I only get to set about 12 fence snares on the section that runs around my property. These are normally set on friday morning, checked again saturday and lifted Sunday morning. I could set more but I have such a high rambler rate I am surprised none have gone missing yet. I score about 2-4 a weekend, most weekends. I know its smally small, but the 30 or so I have lifted so far cant breed again. Which is good enough for me. I am even trying to pass some of the knowledge on to my 7yr old son.

I know you guy's have all seen a snared rabbit before, but I wanted to put this up to say thanks to Colin, Glen and Phil for taking the time to educate a newbie.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

Cheers guy's, it is greatly apprecciated.

Nik

and thats exactly what its all about knowledgable men who have forgotten more than most of us will ever learn unselfishly passing on their wisdom and advice to newcomers to the sport instead of all the normall piss taking and back stabbing that normally goes on ..... well done lads :good::good::good: ...........

Guest Rabbiteer

Thanks so much for your replies.

Mitch,

Unfortunatly, there isnt any crop out in the field yet. I can see the runs and beats in the mud but the snares would stand out like a sore thumb. Also due to the amount of people that walk my plots I cant risk any adverse publicity from catching someones lapdog on there afternoon walk.

I have made 100 hoop snares, 100 peg snares and a couple hundred fence snares, but only get to set less than 20 a night. :cry:

Maybe one day I will upgrade on to Britains second or third worst bit of land where I can snare open runs. :clapper:

Cheers,

Nik

Well done mate,my snaring was a bit hit and miss,then i found this site,i bought woodga dvd and with that and people on this site my snaring skills have come good,i have even started making my own snares like the ones off woodgas dvd,with a few emails to woodga when things used to go t1ts up :laugh: .I put a photo up of one snare i made and had pm's of woodga and snareman telling where i went wrong and how to do it the right way.Thanks again lads ;)