chocolate patts

Essentially they are just a black patterdale with the puttynose gene which turns the colour to chocolate. Being a recessive gene, if a dog is chocolate it will pass on the gene to all of its pups so they will all be carriers. mated to a chocolate or another carrier you will produce them in varying degrees
Essentially they are just a black patterdale with the puttynose gene which turns the colour to chocolate. Being a recessive gene, if a dog is chocolate it will pass on the gene to all of its pups so they will all be carriers. mated to a chocolate or another carrier you will produce them in varying degrees

nice1 for da sensible post although never came across it in any recent terrier book

nice1 for da sensible post although never came across it in any recent terrier book

welcome - just a breeding point I got from a friend that knows about a bit of breeding - haven't seen many chocs this side of the water myself

Seems like this question is asked everyweek. Read up on Mendel squares and genetics. Very basic stuff. Learned it when I was ten. It doesn't always work especially when you are outcrossing dogs that are majorly different. I recently bred a solid black bitch to a black and tan jagd terrier. The pups came out with white on their chests and the rest of their body is seal/agouti almost. Really unexpected.

Seems like this question is asked everyweek. Read up on Mendel squares and genetics. Very basic stuff. Learned it when I was ten. It doesn't always work especially when you are outcrossing dogs that are majorly different. I recently bred a solid black bitch to a black and tan jagd terrier. The pups came out with white on their chests and the rest of their body is seal/agouti almost. Really unexpected.

Any pics of these pups? Sounds odd alright ...