• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think all entrys should have a card with thl comp writen on stop anyone just taking pictures from the net ..:thumbs: ..john

I agree thats what my pumpkin competiton rule is. it needs your THL username and the relevant information.

Joe

Ye, think we will finish our comp end of september, start of october.

Anyone got a points plan for the winning marrow? Need to get a total from length, girth and weight to find our champion.

we used to do it by weight alone, hope that helps.

Excellent craigyboy! :big_boss:

Desertdog, im ok doing it any way, if thats the way people fancy doing it then thats fine. i havent done a comp before and just presumed it would be both length and weight as that way you can roughly see its length on a photo.

For a prize i can donate a signed copy of my " Jampacked " book if thats ok. Its got a good marrow chutney recipe in too! :boogie:

AAAHHHHH!!!!!! Went down to my greenhouse on my lotty today and my dad has taken all the seeds i planted in trays, thats kohl rabi, indian corn, german cabbages AND MY MARROWS and has chucked them all even tho they were marked up! :wallbash:

Im as sick as f*ck now. Gonna have to go to the shop tonight to buy more,the senile bas**rd. :laugh:

I will give it a go , when we were kids my grandfather used to scratch our names with a pin ,into the growing marrows to see whose ended up the biggest we could scratch THL into ours now so we know its not a photo off the internet

AAAHHHHH!!!!!! Went down to my greenhouse on my lotty today and my dad has taken all the seeds i planted in trays, thats kohl rabi, indian corn, german cabbages AND MY MARROWS and has chucked them all even tho they were marked up! :wallbash:

Im as sick as f*ck now. Gonna have to go to the shop tonight to buy more,the senile bas**rd. :laugh:

:laugh: unlucky mate,your dads not entered has he,it could be sabotage :laugh:

:laugh: unlucky mate,your dads not entered has he,it could be sabotage :laugh:

Ha! Thats got me thinking, maybe someone on here has paid him as they know im gonna win! :tongue2:

I bought more seeds last night and a plastic greenhouse from homebase for my house. That way he wont go near them!