Ir filter for deben max and mini

O.k lads my mate has a sony handy cam wich is going to be rigged up to a small t.v screen in his 4x4 and the camera and lamp operated by hand out of the sun roof to locate quarry, mainly fox and rabbit, after a quick scan of the internet I can only find pricey deben filters, I have heard of people finding sheets of this stuff to cut filters out of and was wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction,

Any ideas / alternative suggestions also welcome and if anyone here has bought said sheet of ir filter and has any left over to do either one or both of these lamps im sure I we could sort out a fair deal :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Cheers mark, unfortunatly I dont have pay pal or online banking ect, cash/cheque being my prefferd method, I may well see if I can give one of my mates the cash and he order it :thumbs:

I dont suppose its the kind of stuff you can buy of the shelf locally so I will have to go down that route.

Thanks for the link mate :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Hold on a minute, this guys in bristol, IM IN BRISTOL NOW LOL! Im on it :thumbs:

Seems very reasonable price aswel :)

.atb. .ste.

Alistair at the Gloucestershire Gun Company had sheets of it the last time i was in there.

Edited by salukiwhippet

Ste, If you want Ill bid on that pice of plastic thats ending today and you can send me a cheque, Ill post it to you, just let me know what your maximum bid would be, its at £4.00 at the moment with 4hrs to go.£2.99 postage.

Or I could bid on it for you and if you win, you could just go and collect it from them??

Let me know mate.

Cheers saluki :thumbs:

O.k guys, wait till you hear this lol

I tore over to the place mark mentioed, thinking it was a shop (first mistake) without ringing first (second mistake)

Turned up at this area of posh looking houses out in the country, thaught to myself ooooppss. . .

Thaught what the heck and rang him there and then, the guy was very polite and helpfull and said he would sort me one out anyway, at this point it dawned on me that I dident have any cash on me (third mistake) I thaught i was going to shop so pay on card.

Not one to be defeated went speeding off to a cash point, only to be denied any cash, bugger!!

( I was tempted to drag the cash machine of down the road with the van at this point :laugh: )

Rang the guy appologised profusely on account of me being a toatal ass :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe I should get a pay pal after all :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Cheers mark that is a very kind offer and had my card not been declined (for a reason other than low funds) I would have taken you up on it, I would feel like a absolute tw@ if I sent you a cheque that bounced :laugh:

Got to laugh mate, its just been one of them days. . .

Now on to the bank to find out what they are playing at.

.atb. .ste.

I know, I felt bad ringing back to appologise 10 minutes after my initial request, the bloke must have thaught I was a proper tool.

Thanks again for your help mark, unfortunatly on this occasion (and not for the first time) I am beyond help :laugh:

Id better get a lottery ticket as carma owes me after that bad luck :thumbs:

.atb mate .ste.

rossi im thinking of doing the same project and making a filter for my lenser p7 torch one question, do you have to drill a small hole through the centre?

I wouldent with the ir, will defeat the object a bit, I have seen it done with red and yellow but stil un shure as to the reason why?

When I get a sheet I wil drop you a pm as I am shure that there will be enough left over for a p7, that is one of those led torches right? I have its little brother aswel p3 I think, good bit of kit that mate, I love the focus between tight or wide beam :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Gravel, youll never guess what I got the other day? the LED Lenser P7 holster with lens kit... I bought it basically as it came with a red filter, I havent had chance to try it outside yet, but I can comment that it turns the light a bit of apink colour and it will definately reduce its range outside.

After much digging about I found the make and model of the LED used in the Lenser P7 along with its wavelength output.

Basically speaking at 200 lumens of power its light peaks in the visible range of 440nm, however as you get up to the near infra red spectrum where IR on cameras work the output drops to less than 10% or less than 20 lumen.

Basically dont waste your time putting an IR filter on any of the visible light LEDS.

Much better off with this thing that runs on 12v and gives 120m of useable IR light

http://shop.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk/DTV-IR120-IR-lamp-120m-range-45-degree

• Like 1

Cracking bit of advice that markha, I did not realise that, my tactical cree also produces pink light with the red deben filter, mutch to the amusement of my mates :laugh: :laugh:

And if any of my mates are reading this, no I am not going to paint the stock pink to match and no I dont own a pair of pink wellies to match, I could go on but wont :laugh: :laugh:

Joking aside, it puts rabbits in the bag :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Cracking bit of advice that markha, I did not realise that, my tactical cree also produces pink light with the red deben filter, mutch to the amusement of my mates :laugh: :laugh:

And if any of my mates are reading this, no I am not going to paint the stock pink to match and no I dont own a pair of pink wellies to match, I could go on but wont :laugh: :laugh:

Joking aside, it puts rabbits in the bag :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

it puts rabbits and other quarry in the back :thumbs:

be good to see how the ir sheet work out buddy

let me no

atb steve

rossi im thinking of doing the same project and making a filter for my lenser p7 torch one question, do you have to drill a small hole through the centre?

I wouldent with the ir, will defeat the object a bit, I have seen it done with red and yellow but stil un shure as to the reason why?

When I get a sheet I wil drop you a pm as I am shure that there will be enough left over for a p7, that is one of those led torches right? I have its little brother aswel p3 I think, good bit of kit that mate, I love the focus between tight or wide beam :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

i appriciate that steve, thanks for the offer. why do some ir filters sold for lamps have the hole drilled in the middle?