need a fox call

the area i live foxes are very shy and amount of lads doing it have heard every call going.

tried the metal disk with the hole in it.

tried the long black one that you bite down onto.

tried making my own with the peg and a slice of cassette tape.

tried hand squeek

tried the bit from a dogs toy and squashing to get high pitched to blow through.

tried recorded squeels on my phone and also on voice recorder

also tried digital fox call with numerous sound cards.

these foxes are very shy and only time we get to run them is when there caught out in the field, can never get them in.

must be a call out there that totally different that they wont of heard before.

anyone help please pm with any info, greatfully received?????????????????????????

the area i live foxes are very shy and amount of lads doing it have heard every call going.

tried hand squeek

tried the bit from a dogs toy and squashing to get high pitched to blow through.

these foxes are very shy and only time we get to run them is when there caught out in the field, can never get them in.

anyone help please pm with any info, greatfully received?????????????????????????

Sounds like the foxes round your way have been lamped silly, not a chance of getting them in unless there starving.

try a bit of polystyrene on glass lolthumbs.gif

Edited by flinn

sounds like you have tried all the top 20 mate,

but have you tried foxsqueak,they are about £2 freepost

http://www.akton.co.uk/products.html

There have been some awkward foxs caught using this caller,there are a number of different sounds made from this

worth buying and trying,plenty have used it with great results

lampers, shooters etc....

Edited by akton

tried hand squeek

hows it goin mate, i nearly always use the back of my hand to call but have an electronic caller for the cagey ones, it has a vixen barking on it, a hare which is very good at times, cubs calling, and a few others, all have worked in different situations, its a green rectangular box with see through part on the front where you put in the battery, will put up the make of it later, what the lads have said is very good and effictive is a small piece or aero board/polystyrene on a small piece of glass, spit on the glass and rub the polystyrene along it, great call.

akton

are those calls from you?

and have you used before on shy ones?

mundi sound is my one, comes in a cammo green pouch and has 8 calls, you can change the card in them and get other calls to put in them, ie deer or watever, ive ever only used the one that came in it and find it great for bringing in foxes from a long way away. and shy ones.

we find that a shy un will come closer to a quieter type mouse sqeak rather than blasting high pitch screams at them. get low to the floor and if you can afford it get a lamp with a dimmer switch, dim it right down and try a soft quieter sqeak!!!

Get a foxpro digital caller and be done with it. You can stick 500 calls on it if you want to. It's the out of the ordinary calls that bring them hesitant ones in and as said to much volume is the biggest problem keep em low. I've seen me calling for 20mins before they've decided to come and then come in like a train when you hit the right call. If they don't take off when the lamp hits them you are in with a chance, but not ALL foxes are going to come in. Keep the lamp on but dim and off the fox so you can only just see the eyes. People say to keep the lamp above the fox with just the outer edge of the halo catching the eye. Personally I find it better in front and low down so I can see it when it does start coming. I only shoot them so by shining it straight at it's eyes this can stop them for a shot if not give a little whistle or bark to stop them for a second. Only knock the lamp off to call if you are out of site like behind a hedge, think about how well a fox can see in the dark. Just my opinion but there is no set in stone method of calling that works every time.

read a couple of weeks back that " a fox can hear a watch ticking from 40 yrds" ... if thats true, imagine what some of them digital callers must sound like to a charlie!!!

i find this very hard to believe!! some foxes come flying in with dogs makin noise and you whisperin to your mate to get ready to slip!! maybe true but i haven't asked any lately, if they come within 40 yards they dont be in the humour for doin too much talkin after it!!!!:toast:

Invite Macky (off here) down for a night, i'd stand him up as good a fox caller as anyone in this country. :yes: And a genuine bloke too.

He'll ask you how far you want it in and deliver it... Honestly..! :thumbs: