another new tool for the gun cabinet

although Ive got a pedretti 410 hushpower, it tends not to get used much, as its only a single shot, a couple of weeks back though I took it out whilst checking some fenn traps on a permission, and enjoyed the lightness and ease of use of it, bagging a few kills for a nice stew, anyhow, it got me wanting a multi-shot 410, so started looking at mossbergs, but as with all good guns, second hand one's are either few and far between, or they hold their price,but then I saw a member on pigeon watch, advertising a norca 3 shot bolt action, fully hushpowered, at a very resonable price :D

so it was worth the 2hr, 103 mile drive each way to go and pick it up, which I did yesterday, its a few inches longer than the pedretti, but actually fits me alot better, and it cycles 3 carts and ejects perfectly, was thinking about giving the wood a spruce up and going darker, but now Im thinking, a full camo paint job, as I can see this getting used for roost shooting alot

maybe its also time for me to look into reloading 410's, as Im sure it'll get used more :D

Image0463.jpg

Image0462.jpg

Nice buy; i was eyeing it up on pigeon watch too! I'm in the market for one of the unmoderated ones, you can get them dirt cheap it seems, am just waiting to find one close enough

Oli

I dont know if this guys anywhere near you, he's on pigeon watch, he pm'd me saying he had an un-modded one advertised on around 3rd page back, was up at £200, but he'd accept £150, only payed £225 for mine with the hushpower

flazz

Newbie Pigeon Shooter

Group:

Members Posts:

8 Joined:

16-February 11 Member:

29756 Gender:Male Location:ingleby barwick

i was after a 3 shot aswell but they a long way of when they come up for sale,too used to having a couple of shot,s,in hand,was looking at reloading,but as usual all the gear seems to be miles away,seems to be very thin on the ground in the n/east of england,pity,well of to take some pics of my sxs baikal i am selling to fund the new 410,ian

Nice buy; i was eyeing it up on pigeon watch too! I'm in the market for one of the unmoderated ones, you can get them dirt cheap it seems, am just waiting to find one close enough

Oli

I dont know if this guys anywhere near you, he's on pigeon watch, he pm'd me saying he had an un-modded one advertised on around 3rd page back, was up at £200, but he'd accept £150, only payed £225 for mine with the hushpower

flazz

Newbie Pigeon Shooter

Group:

Members Posts:

8 Joined:

16-February 11 Member:

29756 Gender:Male Location:ingleby barwick

Thanks Stubby; theres a few on guntrader quite a bit cheaper than that and sadly he's 4.5 hours drive away so i'll leave it. I also had a thought earlier while looking at them that i only have a 3 gun safe and i'm in the process of applying for a .243 and .22 so i might hold on a bit and see whether i get those or not as they'd get more use!

Cheers,

Oli

i only have a 3 gun safe and i'm in the process of applying for a .243 and .22 so i might hold on a bit and see whether i get those or not as they'd get more use!

Cheers,

Oli

yeah, mines a 3 gun FAC cabinet, its got 4 squeezed in :laugh:

Now that looks a very handy piece of kit! I can imagine it would find alot of use while out on the quad feeding the birds and general vermin control where discretion is neccessary. Infact I can think of half a dozen jobs I could use one for off the top of my head now. Very reasonable price you got it for too.