Geese eggs going wondering

Hello all,

We have a pair of geese at work and each year the eggs seem to go missing, this year the goose is actually sitting on the nest so it'd be nice to keep the eggs, what do people think woill be taking geese eggs? Rat, Mink, stoat ?

I've put a fenn trap in a tunnel with the end blocked off, some meat the blocked end, fenn in the middle and two sticks restricting the enterence to the tunnel. Anything else i should be doing?

Cheers

Oli

• Like 1

Hello all,

We have a pair of geese at work and each year the eggs seem to go missing, this year the goose is actually sitting on the nest so it'd be nice to keep the eggs, what do people think woill be taking geese eggs? Rat, Mink, stoat ?

I've put a fenn trap in a tunnel with the end blocked off, some meat the blocked end, fenn in the middle and two sticks restricting the enterence to the tunnel. Anything else i should be doing?

Cheers

Oli

yes unblock the one end they need 2 c straight through the tunnel r u close 2 a river or brook

Ok, is this the general view? I read in another thread that when setting fenns using bait you should block up an end so the baits the other side of the fenn whereas tunnels are more for rats/other things when you can put them on a trail and are not using bait?

Oli

Hello all,

Cheers

Oli

yes unblock the one end they need 2 c straight through the tunnel r u close 2 a river or brook

they don,t need to see thru a tunnel at all, one entrance is ok if you using bait, try baiting with eggs if thats what they are taking

Hello all,

Cheers

Oli

they don,t need to see thru a tunnel at all, one entrance is ok if you using bait, try baiting with eggs if thats what they are taking

as moley said.i think its more natural for a tunnel to have a blocked end.

Great, thank you all, will leave as is and see if anything appears! Whats the general feeling about what would take a goose egg?

to take as in take away ??.afox or someone who likes them for they breckfast id say :thumbs: