Irish Coursing dogs/bitches?

Any other dogs lads?

Any comps ect in the uk, with irish bred dogs in the passed, competing against uk bred dogs, how did they go?

they have been plenty irish dogs in forley cup and calender cup dont pritty sure no one as won or come close seen alot of irish dogs run over here and in ireland some of the well known dog men :thumbs:

Well my coursing has always been done for fun rather than for competition but on two occasions at least that I can remember I had dogs take the best dog of the day accolade on the mainland. One was with a red dog bred from the brother of the bitch in my avitar which killed 3 from 3 on Rippingale where such coursing luminaries as Oggie, J.F., T.H., P.S. and his Sligo connnection, and P.N. with both Beauty (Forley cup runner up) and her brother Beast, among others, were running.

The second was when Willow took 11 from 11 whities in 3 1/2 hours in her first season in the company of E.C., T.M. (Smokeys owner), P.H. and S.K. from Northern Ireland, Chalkie and a load of other good lads.

Please can we have our freedom back Mr Cameron?

Well my coursing has always been done for fun rather than for competition but on two occasions at least that I can remember I had dogs take the best dog of the day accolade on the mainland. One was with a red dog bred from the brother of the bitch in my avitar which killed 3 from 3 on Rippingale where such coursing luminaries as Oggie, J.F., T.H., P.S. and his Sligo connnection, and P.N. with both Beauty (Forley cup runner up) and her brother Beast, among others, were running.

The second was when Willow took 11 from 11 whities in 3 1/2 hours in her first season in the company of E.C., T.M. (Smokeys owner), P.H. and S.K. from Northern Ireland, Chalkie and a load of other good lads.

Please can we have our freedom back Mr Cameron?

fairplay pal what did my dad have with him i did he do out :thumbs:

The only thing I remember about your dad was when he roared "what a lift, did you see that there?" when my bitch tumbled over the body with a hare right in front of him Biglicks. Ask him if he remembers it. When we finished off the day due to the cloud coming over us he rang Tony to tell him my bitch had won the day and Tony sent his congratulations back to me and his condolences to my pal S.K. who had been running a dog and bitch from the same litter that I gave him as pups.

• 11 months later...