fits in terriers

Had a terrier from a fella on here, laky x pat that started to fit aged about 1 and a half

by the time he was two he was having two or three a week

I left it as long as i could ( too long really ) but had him away after a particularly bad one

A mate has the litter brother and he's had a couple but has now been ok for months

Any dog that has regular fits should be pts as it really isn't fair on the dog

That said i have seen dogs that are very dehydrated fit, once hydrated they are fine again

has anyone ever had a terrier HAVE A FIT AFTER A HARD DIG? DONT reply if you ahve nothing constructive to say id just like some advice!

yis fellman

what has your vet said ?

my vet has stapled the dog up and has no clue if its a one off or going to be a regular theing THAT why im asking questions ....... its no life for a terrier to be on tablets everyday and not being able to work ................ im asking for advice off here you anythign constructive to add???

Hope the dogs alright

I'm no expert but if its a deep and hard dig the dog might have been dehydrated which sometimes can drop their blood sugar causing the fit keep a bottle of water and a mars bar and share them both with the dog when ye done hope this helps and good luck

but like i said i'm no expert and sombody else will probably have something else to say just trying to help

same as dully,thought dog had a heart attack.thought the dog was on its way out so took it to the vet who jabbed him with glucose and within minutes was up and wondering what the fuss was about.this was after a long days bushing,blood sugar was low,exuastion and dehydration. think this is fairly common in running dogs.

has anyone ever had a terrier HAVE A FIT AFTER A HARD DIG? DONT reply if you ahve nothing constructive to say id just like some advice!

yis fellman

happened to me when i had a dog on loan for a bit ,my mate found the dog fitting in my kennell a he was checking on him a i was away .He still fits occassionally but it a good as retired now