Had a last-minute trip accross to Wiltshire last night to see Foxdropper and have a look for a fox... to drop. I was meeting FD at the ground which was almost too much for my sense of direction and was running late. He was already there trying to put his lad on a fox and my inability to follow directions meant that I buggered up two opportunities by ringing his mobile just as he was getting a bead on a fox. The fox's on this patch are seriously switched on and don't hang around so despite our best efforts over the next hour or so they were having none of it.

We dropped him off as it was a school night and went on. We were on the next patch 5 minutes and had a prospective squeek - Sods law a vixen came belting out a hedge and up the hill having to be stopped with a bark at 50 meters. Shot chest on under the chin with the round blowing the back out the fox. First time trying these Norma 40 grains... fecking hell they've got poke and go off like a cannon - thought i'd forgotten to put the moderator on :icon_eek:

The vixen wasn't massive in size but was pretty heavy for obvious reasons. Prevention better than cure and all that.

SDC10713.jpg

SDC10712.jpg

Cheers again FD mate :thumbs:

Edited by Local

See you can hit them bud!

Only the easy ones mate... if i'd have missed one that close (another one :laugh: ) he'd have sent me home to bed and all :laugh:

Nice shot! I've got to deal with one round here, but don't fancy re-zeroing the .243 for lighter rounds (it gets expensive at £1.20 a bang) so she'll be getting 105grains of persuasion.

What calibre is that?

Cheers Matt - .223 mate ;)

Edited by Local