Pump vs Bottle

I have used a pump to top up the charge on both PCP rifles and come to the conclusion it works, it takes a bit of effort and after a couple of weeks Arnie had better out! Further to this the other half had a snoop online and found a divers bottle, valve and filler hose, used for air rifle top ups in Darlington. Got it for £50 and are using senditnow to ship it, £12 for before noon next day.

The bottle is out of test but should it fail for any reason, the seller will give us a refund, £36.50 gets us a bottle test, valve test and refill from a dive centre near us, who also do the above surface use tests (so we only need it done once every five years). It is a 12.2 litre 232 bar bottle, which should give us about 60 fills, cost of a fill on its own, under £4! Whilst you wait???? Good outfits we find!

The new idea is to use the pump as an emergency top up system in the field and the bottle as the main filler at home!

Edited by secretagentmole

If it does not pass the test he will give us the money back, or so he says! So only thing to do is give it a go. The pump is not too bad for topping up, but I would not like to do one of those massive buddy bottles! Luckily we only have the 180cc versions. But slow steady pumping does not have much of an effect, good work out for the old knees you know (checks them for rust)... Luckily we got a decent pump and I am not giving up on it!

Stiller, next day delivery, from sentitnow.com, under £15 for a before noon delivery! Cheap as a portion of deep fried potato pieces! They also collect from the sellers home address as well. Have used them for shipping awnings and had no trouble, let us see what happens with this!

Just useful for you to know should you see another one going cheap. We paid the guy, the cylinder was collected at 9:17am and was last tracked departing from the Cleveland County Durham depot! but I don't think £15 for a next day by noon delivery is too bad! senditnow.com, basically parcelforce, but it is trackable!

Good on you for that Moley. I personally use a Hills pump, and have no problems with it whatsoever. I use an R10 and an Ultra. I can have the Ultra at 232bar from just about empty in about three minutes. Obviously it takes a lot longer to fill the R10, but I always just top it up after using it, and never have to pump for more than a couple of minutes.

Perhaps if I was buying my gear again, I would have gone for a divers bottle, but the pump works - and it never runs out!

Oh, also - Parcelforce is trackable!

Folks an important piece of Moley advice. If you are going to use Parcelforce, book it through send it now! They can do collections, seriously, our diving cylinder we said weighed 20kg, to collect from County Durham and deliver to Norfolk, on a by 12, next day delivery £11.99 + VAT through senditnow.com. Same service booked through Parcelforce's own website £33.49...

I do not know how they do it, they just do it, oh and by the way senditnow has a driver to bring labels option which means they even print out the labels for you, hell I will even put a link in folks!

Send It Now

compare the prices of Parcel Force, Sheesh!