i'm thinking of getting

Guest dwain dibley

i'm thinking of getting a few chooks, not many by all means, iv been looking on ebay at coops that maybe hold 4-6 birds, i don't have that much room really in the garden so if i could get some advise the best chooks for something like i'm on about getting and anymore info if poss, thanks all

post-54985-0-42625300-1299447692_thumb.jpg

good chooks for someone starting off are hybrids. plenty to choose from eg isa brown black rock lohmann brown bovans nera etc etc.lay approx 280-320 eggs. docile easy to keep. got some 17 week old isa browns in jan £5.50 each had poultry 20 years i have always kept hybrids as well as pure breeds.

i enjoy keeping hens i have warrens and there good layers but the things is feed is going up all the time Degsy

layers £7.00

mixed corn 7.00

cheaper then last time i got it but your right and no doubt will be going sky high soon :thumbdown:

i'm thinking of getting a few chooks, not many by all means, iv been looking on ebay at coops that maybe hold 4-6 birds, i don't have that much room really in the garden so if i could get some advise the best chooks for something like i'm on about getting and anymore info if poss, thanks all

dont get that coop, we used to sell them where i worked and they fall to bits

If you put them coops together properly with a few extra screws here and there they will last a good while, the roof of the laying quarters will need extra felt on though as they leak in when it rains, stick some old push chair wheels on one end so it makes life easier when you are moving it around the garden.