Is there big pike in the lake???

Dabigmc is there a river runing in or out if it,most lakes i fished for pike seem to hold bigger pike if there is,could be something to do with a better supply of food or fresher water.

no, It is fed by water off the hills, maybe a natural spring somewere!

But no rivers in or out! that is another good possible reason! Cheers. :thumbs:

there's two drains running into it :D

Like i said "THE SALMON OF KNOWLEDGE".....this guy knows everything there is to hunting and fishing without having to leave the front door :notworthy: :notworthy: ...."the hunting life" aka muddogs bible of countrysports!

I'll bring my web-cam with me next time i'm out, you can tell me where i'm going wrong and give me tips!

And mudd if it the same lake we talking about, the two drains are drainage ditches from the surrounding fields, from the hills, bone dry summer time and a few feet deep winter! like i said fed from water off the hills...smart-arse!

:tongue2:

Dabigmc is there a river runing in or out if it,most lakes i fished for pike seem to hold bigger pike if there is,could be something to do with a better supply of food or fresher water.

Like i said "THE SALMON OF KNOWLEDGE".....this guy knows everything there is to hunting and fishing without having to leave the front door :notworthy: :notworthy: ...."the hunting life" aka muddogs bible of countrysports!

I'll bring my web-cam with me next time i'm out, you can tell me where i'm going wrong and give me tips!

And mudd if it the same lake we talking about, the two drains are drainage ditches from the surrounding fields, from the hills, bone dry summer time and a few feet deep winter! like i said fed from water off the hills...smart-arse!

if it's the lake we catch the big ones in your talking about i don't know what your whinning like the big biattchhhh your are. you havn't even been the whole way around it. if you would take a walk next time instead of sitting on your big fat backside you''ll see what im talking about fish lips :tongue2::tongue2: you mudda fudda you :gunsmilie:

if it's the lake we catch the big ones in your talking about i don't know what your whinning like the big biattchhhh your are. you havn't even been the whole way around it. if you would take a walk next time instead of sitting on your big fat backside you''ll see what im talking about fish lips :tongue2::tongue2: you mudda fudda you :gunsmilie:

Its not that lake i'm talking about....if you'd have paid attention you would have realised the thread is titled "are there big pike in the lake?" Meaning i am not talking about the lake with the big pike,obviously, but the other lake!

Now enough of the childish nonsense and time wasting, I was trying to have a serious thread and get serious opinions!

You have within a few comments done what you love to do, and what happens all too often on this site, downgraded the thread, and turned it into a stupid battle of the wits with your smart know'it'all comments!

Its not that lake i'm talking about....if you'd have paid attention you would have realised the thread is titled "are there big pike in the lake?" Meaning i am not talking about the lake with the big pike,obviously, but the other lake!

Now enough of the childish nonsense and time wasting, I was trying to have a serious thread and get serious opinions!

You have within a few comments done what you love to do, and what happens all too often on this site, downgraded the thread, and turned it into a stupid battle of the wits with your smart know'it'all comments!

i'm going round to yours tonight mate and im gonna rape your horse :rofl::rofl:

seriously i don't think theres any big pike in it chief. i've asked about to hunting lads that live round there and they've never heard of anything beefy pulled out either. though you never know!!!

DABIGMC you that likes fishing for pike,have you fished lough derravaragh in westmeath good pike lake with plenty big pike to accomadate

No, never fished it! Would be a right wee spin for me....but if there are big fish it would be well worth the drive!!

We have been hitting lakes mainly in the north, and occasionally fishing c'blaney and monaghan which seems to produce much bigger fish!

Would there be many people fishing derrevaragh?