Not sure Davy buddy as I don’t use the other program that much pal.

I used a different zero from you anyway pal and probably a different BC and mount height plus power setting.

I finely adjusted the power of his rifle to accurately represent a perfect 2 mildot hold over at 50 yards on x 6 before changing to x 20 mag.

It sounds complicated but it’s not mate and a blind fool like me can do it with 5 minutes of playing about with it.

You would have probably got the same data as me if you used the same input data and zero range pal.

Si

Hi mate,

If you were hitting a true 2 mil dots on x6 mag at 50 yards with a .22 calibre 15.9 grain pellet with a BC of 0.0283 your rifle will be producing around 10.84 ft / lbs of energy at the muzzle, mount high depending.

If you were to go to x 20 mag and intended to hit that same point on a target you would then require giving around 7 mildots of hold over.

The problem here is that you only have around 5 main aim points on a genetic mildot scope so you would need to guess 2 spacing's yourself.

Si.

hi si my scope is a bushnell elite 6500 6 x 30 mag with a set reticule of 10x would you recommend i stick on that

Hi mate,

I would personally work out all data on x4 or x6 for night time shooting and x10 or x14 for day time shooting.

This is just me though and some others shoot well on different power settings mate.

Si

thanks si have you any idea why the increase in mag has such an affect on the hold over

Not sure Davy buddy as I don’t use the other program that much pal.

I used a different zero from you anyway pal and probably a different BC and mount height plus power setting.

I finely adjusted the power of his rifle to accurately represent a perfect 2 mildot hold over at 50 yards on x 6 before changing to x 20 mag.

It sounds complicated but it’s not mate and a blind fool like me can do it with 5 minutes of playing about with it.

You would have probably got the same data as me if you used the same input data and zero range pal.

Si

hi Si

thanks for clearing that up for me buddy :thumbs:

top man!! :thumbs:

regards

davy

Yes pal,

In layman’s, Johnny age 5 terms it’s because the closer you get to the target by zooming in on your scope the bigger the sight picture becomes.

Example

If you need to aim 2cm higher than the kill zone at 40 yards on x6 to hit it cleanly when you zoom it from x 6 to x20 say (example only and not to scale) you will be closer to the target so the angle becomes more acute.

Now aiming 2cm higher than the kill zone at an acute angle requires more adjustment on your mildots due to the close zoom so 2 mildots may become 5 for example.

Si

Yes pal,

In layman’s, Johnny age 5 terms it’s because the closer you get to the target by zooming in on your scope the bigger the sight picture becomes.

Example

If you need to aim 2cm higher than the kill zone at 40 yards on x6 to hit it cleanly when you zoom it from x 6 to x20 say (example only and not to scale) you will be closer to the target so the angle becomes more acute.

Now aiming 2cm higher than the kill zone at an acute angle requires more adjustment on your mildots due to the close zoom so 2 mildots may become 5 for example.

Si

cool :thumbs:

Here is a quick diagram I’ve done showing the zoom effect and how the angle is made larger as you zoom in so needing more adjustment on the mildots.

Not sure now if acute was the best word to use before as I’ve just looked it up and it means sharper really and the angle is actually blunter, maybe a larger angle would suit it better or what ever is the opposite of acute :hmm::doh: .

Si

post-2627-0-61506600-1299226230_thumb.jpg

Edited by zini