few tips please lads!

hey guys im looking to get an air rifle but know fuk all about it at thr moment so need a few pointers before i go doing anything...

what air rifle would you recommend for a reasonable price???

and at what distance would an air rifle cleanly kill rabbits and birds (crows and pigeon)

any other tips you could give me would be greatly appricated!

thanks craig

Right we need to know a few things as well you know, like what is your budget? Unless you are totally and utterly lucky you will not get a TX200, scope and bag for under £200 (I know I did, but this is Mole you are talking about). Do you like firing spring powered rifles? Do you like firing rifles full stop? Unless you know you like shooting this can be an expensive mistake to make (quite a few fools have been parted from their money to find out they did not like it at all, I bought an X2 from one such person).

Let us know what you have to spend, if you want new or secondhand (what you can get secondhand will beat what you can buy new for the same money usually), but a word of warning, only deal face to face, that way you won't get bitten and take a friend who knows what they are doing with you, so you do not get swept away in a load of technical crap designed to confuse the whatsits out of you! Oh and as you appear to be a resident of Southern Ireland, you might want to get a gun license too!

Edited by secretagentmole
  • 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with the above reply and TBH, I'd never read the OP and replys before.

To say that Theoben's gas ram rifles have low recoil is total bollox. They've built up a very deserved reputation as scope breakers for a good reason.... They do!!

Theoben's guns have a relatively small swept volume capacity of air compared to the 90 (same cylinder as the 80) and so have to use a ram with a much higher pressure which combined with the fact that they are relatively light gives a fair old kick to the optics when they go pop.

thats very true the theobens stocks are too light for the power the weihrauch hw90 holds the gas strut power very well but still get some dampa mounts i had a .22 at 16ftlbs and it was as accurate as my tx200mk3hc