compare Deben products with Ortovox, Mammut, BF

From a design point of view,

If someone could get the accuracy and reliability of one of the modern systems into a transmitter the size of the Deben one, then that would be a winner.

Surely it's possible, look at the size of mobile phones these days!

b and f are dirt... cant locate the terrier correclty....stick with th deben 40ft system bang on all the time... :thumbs: :thumbs:

I got a Deben 40' orange box thing and collar !! tis fcking crap compared to B&F :gunsmilie:

£100 if anyone wants it... pm me..

b and f are dirt... cant locate the terrier correclty....stick with th deben 40ft system bang on all the time... :thumbs: :thumbs:

I got a Deben 40' orange box thing and collar !! tis fcking crap compared to B&F :gunsmilie:

empty your inbox , i just tried to pm you about the deben system

how re you. it s been ages we ve been in touch

Ok then,

first box was a grey deben and the 16 ft collar, worked well but the depth was always a bit hit and miss especially once the wheel lost its numbers, it eventually drowned !

second box was the barryvox opto 3000 and an ortovox collar, works well once the dog is in one place but is a bit slow on the update when there's a bit of a scuffle going on

so can give a few odd readings but with a little patience it actually does what it is supposed to

The we got the B&F kit, the new rechargeable collar is fair way in front of the old one and i am a real fan of this kit, albeit the slidy switch is a bit crappy once its full of sand or mud

but keep it clean and its fine

So the grey box did the job, the barryvox was a big improvement but the pieps box is the nuts, the pieps box is just as good with either the ortovox collar or the B&F collar

and the accuracy is brilliant

I have not tried the B&F with more than one collar as only have one dog to ground at a time so i can't help with that one

I once saw the deben 40 ft box in use and couldn't believe what total crap it was

and the deepest dig we have had with the B&F is 14 feet, it really does what it says on the tin

:bye:

Ok then,

first box was a grey deben and the 16 ft collar, worked well but the depth was always a bit hit and miss especially once the wheel lost its numbers, it eventually drowned !

second box was the barryvox opto 3000 and an ortovox collar, works well once the dog is in one place but is a bit slow on the update when there's a bit of a scuffle going on

so can give a few odd readings but with a little patience it actually does what it is supposed to

The we got the B&F kit, the new rechargeable collar is fair way in front of the old one and i am a real fan of this kit, albeit the slidy switch is a bit crappy once its full of sand or mud

but keep it clean and its fine

So the grey box did the job, the barryvox was a big improvement but the pieps box is the nuts, the pieps box is just as good with either the ortovox collar or the B&F collar

and the accuracy is brilliant

I have not tried the B&F with more than one collar as only have one dog to ground at a time so i can't help with that one

I once saw the deben 40 ft box in use and couldn't believe what total crap it was

and the deepest dig we have had with the B&F is 14 feet, it really does what it says on the tin

:bye:

try new Mammut Barryvox Pulse 3.00 the best box by far.

have tried the mk1 an mk3 deben, they do the job, just............

have tired the pieps box from bellman an they were far superior to deben models

have tried the ortovox, (not sure of model) an it was just as good as the bellman pieps box.........

have tried the old bellman collar an the orto collar, an both seemes to do the job

cannae comment on barryvox or new recharge bellman collar tho

:thumbs:

Have used Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 deben boxes, bellman and barryvox.

IMO barryvox is superior to them all.

Bellman collar is beter than orto. Bellman collar has never let me down where as orto is away at present under warranty...

At the end of the day the ALL do the job, some do it better than others. It depends how much digging you do, how much cash you can spare and what your preferance is.

Always hear people say 'bellman is inacurate' or 'deben is shite'. Well Ive never had any problems.

I have seen people with a brand new bellman swinging it about like an ape trying to get a mark :laugh::doh:

Also seen someone (recently) follow the arrows on the bellman 40 metres off the earth :laugh: He would have kept walking if I didnt shout him back.

Its not rocket science.

:thumbs:

FTB