Can i ask why there hasnt been a fell+moorland show in scotland since the 90's.I visit the Fox hall every year as i beleive its the closest to Scotland,and is a well orginised show.I understand a Mr Shorthouse was the last rep for our area,But is there still a rep+club?I would love to think that the F.M.W.T.C still value and want the Scottish support. There are F.M.W.T.C shows all over the country so why not Scotland?clachan

Can i ask why there hasnt been a fell+moorland show in scotland since the 90's.I visit the Fox hall every year as i beleive its the closest to Scotland,and is a well orginised show.I understand a Mr Shorthouse was the last rep for our area,But is there still a rep+club?I would love to think that the F.M.W.T.C still value and want the Scottish support. There are F.M.W.T.C shows all over the country so why not Scotland?clachan

Good question :thumbs:

I had to join the South Lakes.

THERE YOU GO NEW SCOTISH REP FMWTC LINTONLASS WELL DONE :notworthy:

Over the last 2or3 years ive had lads all over Scotland ask the same.Hopefuly asking this will either bring an answer or enlighten the terrier lads of Scotland.I was always led to beleive that one of the clubs 'objectives'was to 'promote working terrier shows'.(i hope ive got the wording correct)clachan

Edited by clachan

Willie Shorthose as far as I know is still the Scottish rep. ((he was at NWDA's show at Neilston where we had a long chat) for the FMWTC in Scotland, He's also a Master of Foxhounds at the Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Hunt!

Tom

Ps: just a quick thought and I am sitting on the fence on this one! if the FMWTC like the phoenix arises from the ashes and has district clubs/branches here in Scotland, would it negate the need and support that local Scottish terrier clubs enjoy at the moment Eg: would a proposed FMWTC say formed in Barrhead have an effect on my own Club in Neilston with regards to support? both areas are only a mile apart, do we all join a local Scottish FMWTC branch or join local Scottish terrier clubs that have their own character and unique history?

Edited by Foxgun Tom

Willie Shorthose as far as I know is still the Scottish rep. ((he was at NWDA's show at Neilston where we had a long chat) for the FMWTC in Scotland, He's also a Master of Foxhounds at the Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire Hunt!

Tom

Ps: just a quick thought and I am sitting on the fence on this one! if the FMWTC like the phoenix arises from the ashes and has district clubs/branches here in Scotland, would it negate the need and support that local Scottish terrier clubs enjoy at the moment Eg: would a proposed FMWTC say formed in Barrhead have an effect on my own Club in Neilston with regards to support? both areas are only a mile apart, do we all join a local Scottish FMWTC branch or join local Scottish terrier clubs that have their own character and unique history?

I dont see why we cant have both.It happens and works in England.I agree that we need our local shows that have their own character and history,but i think if there is still a Scottish rep there should be more done for the paying members.I am in no way saying anything as regards to rescues,but the opinion of the people ive spoken to,is that they do not think there is a FMWTC in Scotland.

Very wrong he was just a member of mid Scottish it was Jnr O'Donnell and D. Kneller that started the mid Scottish Jnr is still chairman of the SWTC. :no:

:notworthy::notworthy:

Seem to remember Rons name as being a Rep when i joined many years ago( i might be wrong). And also was it not him that ran the show at Stonehouse, was it a FMWTC show.

Correct me if im wrong.

LL.

Very wrong he was just a member of mid Scottish it was Jnr O'Donnell and D. Kneller that started the mid Scottish Jnr is still chairman of the SWTC. :no:

:notworthy::notworthy:

Seem to remember Rons name as being a Rep when i joined many years ago( i might be wrong). And also was it not him that ran the show at Stonehouse, was it a FMWTC show.

Correct me if im wrong.

LL.I think your right .

He was rep for clyde valley area and they ran a show in Stonehouse but one of them ended in a battle and that more or less finished it. The mid Scottish disbanded due to no longer being able to vet potential members and the office bearers went on to form the SWTC.

Yeah and it was some battle as well!!!

NOT a good advert for a terrier show.

Thought i was right about Ron being a rep. :thumbs: