training springer

Well the way i started mine was by setting up with minimal amount of gear,piece of net,2 hide poles, and 6 decoys. and my moleing T bar,put a jacket on the dog let her run about whilst i set up making sure she gets a bit of heat generated.I took the 410 and 6 carts.Once i had the hide up and the decoys out i pushed the T bar in the ground just dogs lead away from myself then i put her on the lead and slipped it over the T bar,keeping her in a safe position but close enough to reasure her we would be having fun.Pigeons came in i took a shot dropped the pigeon fussed the dog then took her off the lead and showed her the pigeon,she was realy fired up now.Let her run about for a few mins then lead back on and secured to the T bar,shot the remaining 5 carts repeating the above methods then packed up.Next time i done the same procedure,but gave her 1 retrieve and ended on a high.3Rd time i took her i left the T bar in the landrover, and had her on the lead but held it under my knee when i shot at a pigeon i blew the sit whistle,then we both went out and i picked up the dead bird,on the last shot i sent her out for the retrieve.She now sits in the hide,still on the lead but free to run if she wanted to but she dosent.She just pokes her nose under the net looking for pigeons.The reason i put a jacket on her, i didnt want to sicken her by getting cold.I only shot 6 carts to keep it quick and fun,just lay a few simple foundations and build it up.Hope this helps.

Well the way i started mine was by setting up with minimal amount of gear,piece of net,2 hide poles, and 6 decoys. and my moleing T bar,put a jacket on the dog let her run about whilst i set up making sure she gets a bit of heat generated.I took the 410 and 6 carts.Once i had the hide up and the decoys out i pushed the T bar in the ground just dogs lead away from myself then i put her on the lead and slipped it over the T bar,keeping her in a safe position but close enough to reasure her we would be having fun.Pigeons came in i took a shot dropped the pigeon fussed the dog then took her off the lead and showed her the pigeon,she was realy fired up now.Let her run about for a few mins then lead back on and secured to the T bar,shot the remaining 5 carts repeating the above methods then packed up.Next time i done the same procedure,but gave her 1 retrieve and ended on a high.3Rd time i took her i left the T bar in the landrover, and had her on the lead but held it under my knee when i shot at a pigeon i blew the sit whistle,then we both went out and i picked up the dead bird,on the last shot i sent her out for the retrieve.She now sits in the hide,still on the lead but free to run if she wanted to but she dosent.She just pokes her nose under the net looking for pigeons.The reason i put a jacket on her, i didnt want to sicken her by getting cold.I only shot 6 carts to keep it quick and fun,just lay a few simple foundations and build it up.Hope this helps.