Beddie Whippet

Hey all,

As the title suggests, Im looking to locate a 1st cross beddy x whippet for rabbits and general mooching. I think Ill be after a rough coat bitch.

Just wondering what these dogs are like to live with; do they get on with other dogs nicely; namely a 2.5 year old EBT (who is soft as)

My thinking is that bully can work the bush (as he does) and the beddy whippet can go for the runners....

If anyone knows of any good breeders of this cross then please let me know... also what height tts does this breed get?

Any pics of peoples beddy whips 1st crosses would also be very appreciated as I have to get consent from the mrs on our next dog :whistling:

hi mate and welcome.theres plenty of info on this cross here.

as for your questions tho,i had similar situation as you as i have a 2 year old stafford and i was a bit weary of bringing another dog into the home but i needent of worried as they are the best of mates and even sleep in same bed! both males.

they work great together as a team and and always putting rabbits out.

staffords coat not great for thorns tho as im always pulling them out but it doesnt put him off he just ploughs through anything.

i dont have a 1st cross but a 3/4 beddy whipp and although hes young i have high hopes for him.

from what i believe for the job you want you wont go far wrong with this cross.

height wise for a first cross your looking at 18" to 21" tts.

looks wise i think the first cross can vary quite a bit between the dam and sire.

therel be more knowledge able people along soon to help im sure :thumbs:

pics here of my pups mother,a 1st cross

hope this helps :thumbs:

post-52947-0-20399700-1298627441_thumb.jpg

I ran Beddy Whippets for years they will kennel up with other Dogs no bother,

Go on to the Working Bedlington Forum, the Lads on there work their Beddys, and some get approached by Whippet and Greyhound owners to use their Dogs, I am sure someone on there will no of forthcoming Litters.

Thanks Brunty, both are lovely looking dogs! Yeah I know the score with pulling thorns out, my bully will run through the brambles if he is after something; again it doesn't seem to bother him.

Ill have to register on that forum Joe and have a gander, its relieving that everyone so far says they kennel up well as that is my biggest concern at the moment.... that and keeping the mrs happy

Thanks Brunty, both are lovely looking dogs! Yeah I know the score with pulling thorns out, my bully will run through the brambles if he is after something; again it doesn't seem to bother him.

Ill have to register on that forum Joe and have a gander, its relieving that everyone so far says they kennel up well as that is my biggest concern at the moment.... that and keeping the mrs happy

it's worth having a look on poachers rest aswell, there's a section on there for bedlington/bedlington hybrids.

MARLO002.jpg

I have a 7 1/2 month pup 1/2 beddy 3/8 whipet 1/8 greyhound, 19"tts. Showing a great hunting instinct. It goes through the rough like a terrier and has started marking. I am looking forward to getting it out ferreting next season.

My sister has a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy X beddy/whippet dog 2yrs old. It is 21"tts, it is from good working parents but is just a pet, bit of a pity as it is a very nice dog. The picture is my sisters dog.