any ideas??

allright people?? well i was down oxford last weekend and ended up with a pure grey dumped on me!! he is 27"tts and from what im told about 14 month old? he was with two fellas one was called mick? he was asian and had mad black hair, the other was an old irish bloke and are both from around gthe birmingham area? now they gave me him cause after his run it took them 30mins - 1hour to get him back he was petrified of them. i have looked in his ears and the only tat he has is like 3 little dots followed by MK2, anyone any ideas on what this is or what it means?? my mate has looked for me and says he thinks its just a breeders tat so anyone know who the breeder is off this tat or where do i find out about him??

he's a lovely fella and although taking time to settle in (whinging and moaning) his appetite is back and is on the same as my lurchers, i am going to try and gain his trust then have a go at re entering him onto the track although i havent a clue what distance to put him in, think il start with a sprint and see how he goes from there, does this sound about right?? i dont get on here very often but will try to reply as soon as i see a reply if i get any, any info is appreciated cheers very much :)

You will get all the info by going on the flappersdream forum.

Also there is the greyhound-data forum as well.

Both websites are very helpful.

Don't think you'll find out anything about the dog on Flappersdream and greyhound data will only have the earmarks of the

dog if someone has registered them on that forum. Your best bet would be to give the Greyhound Stud Book a ring, here's

a link below.

http://www.greyhoundstudbook.co.uk/

hi thanks for the replies sorry its taken a while for them though, i have came across what appears to be a problem i can only see 2 letters and 1 number??? i have been told it is meant to be something like 34mk2? i am just gunna ring that number and see what they say lol i cant make out the first digits though so can only read mk2 proper nightmare i hope he's fast on the track when i go and someone offers me a good price cause il let him go he's really doing my nut in lol whinging pain in the ass!!

hi thanks for the replies sorry its taken a while for them though, i have came across what appears to be a problem i can only see 2 letters and 1 number??? i have been told it is meant to be something like 34mk2? i am just gunna ring that number and see what they say lol i cant make out the first digits though so can only read mk2 proper nightmare i hope he's fast on the track when i go and someone offers me a good price cause il let him go he's really doing my nut in lol whinging pain in the ass!!

My greyhounds have 3 letters 1 number in there right ear.

Luckily i had there stud book and change over of ownership papers come with them.

Also they have to be microchipped to race.

And yes they do whinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it all comes together when their on the track racing :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

lamping lurchers you know nowt about me you ding how do you know all i see is ££££ eh your obviously a fool dont bother replying it'l save you some time as i wont respond you pratt.

blue diamond, cheers for the reply i took him to the local flapping track in the end and gave him a run the people there were very very helpful although he wasnt the fastst there he did ok for a young unfit dog and some of the other pups of similar age didnt even run never mind see the trap lol mine started from the trap and was off so least im half way there i thought it'd be a nightmare to get him back but nope he came straight away i was over the moon :)

i have been told if he does a similar or quicker time the next time then he can be marked up for racing at that track so he is on a get fit quick regime hope it pays off?? aye they also told me about getting him chipped so il do that and the only trouble with the ear tats in mine is i can read the mk2 but i ent got a clue what the hell the other mark before the m is??? really really bad and i dont have his papers although if he does a good lap im going to do all i can to find the mans number out!!!

Edited by tinklefod1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...