vasectomy

Had one of the hobs done yesterday ,the vet let is assistant do the opp ,they used super glue instead of stitches ,showed us the bits of tube and give us plenty of good advise including he cant go back with the jills for 6 weeks because of sperm left in the tubes ,£50 about right i thought

The vasectomy they have done on a ferrt not sure if its special animal super glue or just plain loc tight

£50 for a vasectomey thats a good price it cost us £90 down where i am and £60 for a castration or a jill spay

the glue they use is quite common now instead of stitches dont hold me to this but im sure i have read it somewhwere they use glue now on some human keyhole surgery also

superglue was invented by the yanks during vietnam for use in field hospitals

it was invented in the 40's whilst trying to create a new plastic and eventually was tested on flesh,famously finding use in vietnam,sorry to hi-jack your post!!!!

I`ve got a young hob thats caged up with 3 jills. I`m thinking of getting him done as I dont want the jills having any kits next year. What is the best age to get him done?

The hob was a last year young ,in with his 2 sisters he had already started to draggem about even though the jills were,nt swollen so get him in now

I`ve got a young hob thats caged up with 3 jills. I`m thinking of getting him done as I dont want the jills having any kits next year. What is the best age to get him done?

yeah get him in now.... in time for when the jill go into season a little later in march onwards , you'll probably find hes dragging teh gills into the mest box and pissing them becuase thy're not in season yet.. so yeah get him done. :thumbs:

When do your ferrets come in season ?a couple of months before they are due get him sorted it takes 6 weeks for the sperm to clear thats in the tube ,do you have a high turn over of ferrts because of snakes !i can remember years ago fred j taylor doing a write up for the shooting times and he said snake bites were a real problem

One im glad to say we dont have here

We`re in opposit seasons to you guys in the UK here in Australia. So do you reckon around September would be best or can I do it any earlier. The Jills here come in season around October.

Its easier for the vet to do it when your hob drops his teste's so when he comes into season get it done and keep him away from the jill the required amount of time

When do your ferrets come in season ?a couple of months before they are due get him sorted it takes 6 weeks for the sperm to clear thats in the tube ,do you have a high turn over of ferrts because of snakes !i can remember years ago fred j taylor doing a write up for the shooting times and he said snake bites were a real problem

One im glad to say we dont have here

They come into season around October. I dont hunt with my ferrets from October to April due to the snakes. I know a lot of guys over here hunt with ferrets throughout the year as ferrets are extremely cheap to buy over here. But these same guys go through a sh!t load of ferrets in a year. Due to ferrets being cheap to buy, we also dont use locators like you do in the UK, or its very rare that anyone does.

I cant remember the recovery time for the hob im thinking any time from six weeks to three months ,your jills might loose a bit of conditions being in season for that amount of time but they will soon look better after they have had the pleasure of a snipped hob :laugh:

Things seem to be getting better for the humble ferret here,but there is still a lot of unwanted jills around in july/aug ,the vet told me to keep him out of the main run for 6 weeks ,its a week today he was done and is still tender

Bullcat you never said about the dangers ferrets face in the land of venomous spiders and snakes