An afternoon out with Benji Benji....

Hi, folks.

A few weeks back I put up my old Lightning for sale and Benji ended up buying the thing. I went over to his house as I'll only sell face to face where guns are concerned and as you do, we got talking about hunting and shooting and the like and he invited me over for a days shooting on his permission.

Benji's really into his dogs and has got some cracking animals that live in a properly kitted out kennel conversion that he's had done to his garage :thumbs:

Anyway, we met up on Wednesday morning at his gaff, Benji was going to use his Rapid 7 but was out of air so I lent him my HW90 while I used my old Diana52. We got to the first part of his shoot and the plan was to set up in an out building overlooking a copse of trees that was very popular with the local pigeons to stop in at. After first checking the scopes, the farmer's brother who live in a house very close to where we were shooting came over to us and had a grumble about the noise, so we had to re-locate for a while 'til he went out :wallbash:

We went for a drive to another part of Benji's shoot and shot out of the car for a while along some of the farm tracks. We bagged some maggies and Benji hit a cracking shot on a pigeon at the thick end of 50 yards :thumbs:

We then got the thumbs up from one of the farmer's son's to say that Mr Grumpy had gone out so we headed back to the farm to catch the birds as they flew in to roost.

We mannaged half a dozen collered doves and a woody picked up and about three more doves that we couldn't find... :icon_redface:

I was really struggling towards the end of the day as my scope had taken in water the last time I'd been out with Pianoman and it had fogged up to feck. Thankfully though as I was shooting with the sky as a background, I could still put the cross hairs where I needed, if that hadn't been the case I'd have had to pack in as the scope would've been totally useless :blink: The worst thing was trying to thread my shots through twigs that I could hardly see.... There were a few doves that had a lucky break there....

Big thanks to Benji for a very interesting day out :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1

hi mate was speaking to my mate with hawks and he is ringing me tomorrow to sort a day out next week and you can see his dog bush like a nutter and his hawks fly lol will be a good day out also the 3 birds we couldnt find will be them pesky farm cats if you dont pick them up straight away them little twats have them for tea lol

well done for getting out guys, looks like you've got another good day ahead of you andy should be fun watching the BOP's. :thumbs:

ATB

REDEYE

Thanks, mate :thumbs:

I'm really looking forward to it, it's been a goodly few years since I've been out with hawks and I know my boys will love it, they come out shooting with me and they're used to dogs but they've never seen BOPs working before.

Cheers.

Top stuff chaps, glad to see you had a little more luck yesterday than I did! I shot so badly I could have thrown my gun in the river! After three consecutive misses on the same squirrel (!!) I swore very loudly and called it a day!

Nice write up mate, would love to see some photos! Hope you get a scope sorted out soon!

Nice one, Benji, keep me posted on that :thumbs:

I'll probably have my boys with me next week but they know the score where hunting and shooting's concerned.

Cheers, mate :thumbs:

getting about a bit just lately arn't we!!!!!! :whistling:

atb

Andy

Thanks for the kind comments, lads :thumbs:

All being well I'm out again with Simon tommorow and I'll take my cammera along and one way or another I WILL!!! get some pics posted. I'll try to get this Photobucket thing worked out and if I still can't, I'll email them to some kind soul who can post them for me.

About the scope problem..... It's a Luger 3-9x42 that I've had for about three years and up to now, I've been more than very happy with it. Last time out with Simon was the first time it's been used when it's been properly wet and it did get a right soaking. I didn't think anything of it at the time, I just stripped the gun down and let it all dry out, put it all back together and job done, or so I thought....

When I got to Benji's shoot on Wednesday, I noticed the sight picture was a lot less sharp than it should be, I looked at the objetive lense and I could see water droplets on the inside and as the day went on and the temerature dropped, it just fogged up totally :blink: and upon closer inspection, I could see the 'o' ring on the lense wasn't seated correctly so that must be how the water's got in. ARSE!!!!!!

I'll strip it down and dry it out but TBH, I'm well peed off with it. Another ebay classic :thumbdown:

I've fitted my Leapers 2-7x32 back on for now which I fine with 'cos it's a really nice little scope... Hey ho....

Cheers.