SPOTTED HARRIS HAWK

ferreterno1

Right i need some help ive just been up to see the gamekeeper and theres a harris hawk sitting on his partridge pen, he sais it has bells on and has been there for 2 weeks and its causing a problem eating his birds, anyone got any ideas how to catch it so it can be returned to its owner?

All ideas apreciated

Edited by ferreterno1

Guest game'dogs

there are lots of methods to use i cant be arssed to explane them but ime sure jasper could explane it to you without the bad gramar :thumbs-up: ! f**k the owner of the bird if he or she cant be arrsed to go out and find the bird then finders keepers in the right hands a fit bird like that will be a good one , you said it was a harris ? there is no A10 on these birds if you catch it its yours :thumbs-up:

Anything in a trap that moves either manually or not will usually do the trick check out any of the falconry books or the net you,ll find loads of methods from easy to difficult to catch them.Incidentally your keeper friend seems very tolerant towards this bird eating his partridges not like any in his trade that i know of,i suspect this bird is still alive only to wait for the dubious owner to be found or turn up to have the full might of H.M Constabulary feel said collar and fine him with compo for his naughty birds misdeeds.Ha Ha best of luck anyway,where are you situated anyway?if you were close enough i consider helping.

Anything in a trap that moves either manually or not will usually do the trick check out any of the falconry books or the net you,ll find loads of methods from easy to difficult to catch them.Incidentally your keeper friend seems very tolerant towards this bird eating his partridges not like any in his trade that i know of,i suspect this bird is still alive only to wait for the dubious owner to be found or turn up to have the full might of H.M Constabulary feel said collar and fine him with compo for his naughty birds misdeeds.Ha Ha best of luck anyway,where are you situated anyway?if you were close enough i consider helping.

i was taking to the tennant on the nearby farm and he said its been kocking about for over a year so i think if its found food on its own it will be hard to catch but maybe im wrong

if its bein around for a year surely your going to keep it but could you ever get it used to captivity? :hmm:

if i caught it i would try to keep it, or give it to someone who keeps them, i think it would calm down a mate lost a ferret for 6 months when he found it it was wild but after a few days it was like a baby again