Blocked traps

I wish I had a camera yesterday to show you a mole trap I lifted which had been comprehensively blocked to say the least.

It was totally crammed solid with hard packed earth but yet neither side of the trap had been set off. Considering I tune my traps for maximum effectiveness, it got me wondering how on earth a mole can push and pack so much soil into both sides of a trap without setting it off ?

Use a Talpa mole trap if your struggling with the duffus traps, and if you cant catch one in a talpa trap take up fishing instead. Talpas are very easy to set and i always catch with them the only drag is you cant catch two at a time. When people set the barrel traps they dont dig and set them quick enough which lets more oxygen in the tunnel, which the mole senses straight away, be quick and fast and make sure killing knots are in the ground and the tunnel is smooth before covering the trap.

I suggest you re-read my original post - I wasn't saying I had difficulty with duffus traps or indeed traps being filled (79 moles last week wouldn't be able to verify that!) I don't get that many filled traps so I've never really paid much attention to them. One just happened to get me thinking last week. I actually found out for myself as one of the moles I caught at the end of the week was in the process of digging under the trap when caught, but I see Moley has beaten me to it :notworthy:

Sorry about that nothing worse than someone telling you how to suck eggs, apoligies.. :doh:

No problem :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic